6

the cake was really delicious, I chose from the chocolate side since its my always Favorite. I called my mom and asked if it was fine if Leo's mom called her and for my surprise she was happy about it and said new friend wont hurt.

Maya became completely wasted and the worst part is I don't have ride home. and yeah you may tell me, there is an Uber, but baby I forgot to bring money with me. and its already 2 Am. I was standing outside for fresh air, I'm truly tired.

The smell of smoke hit my nose, i looked around me and it was a guy smoking. i looked closely it was Leo. i sighed trying to find a bench to sit on. "what are you doing here?" i looked towards Leo he had a furrowed face, blowing a cloud of smoke.

"uhm..... i was just standing here for some fresh air."

"thought you went home already." he took a long drag of his cigarette.

"well, i don't have a ride so i will just walk but i don't feel like going home now even tho am so tired."

"i can give you a ride." he shrugged. "only if you want to."

"I mean I don't want to-"

"Isabella, I'm here to help you. Right now we aren't at work so I'm not your boss right now, am Leo that works the same place as yours. Got it?"

"Yes si- Leo Leo." I corrected myself quickly.

"Good so now, you wouldn't mind me offering you a ride home?"

"I don't mind unless-"

"Good, let's go." He gestured to me to follow him which I did. We hopped in his sports car, it was different from the one he goes to work with.

I gave him my address and he drove there. He pulled out in my driveway right infront of my house. "Thank you so much Leo, I don't know without you what will I do."

"Your welcome, oh by the way your boss told me to tell you that you must be there at 7 tomorrow, he has something like meeting or something and you have to be there." He sarcastically said.

I laughed before I stopped. "Are you serious? Or your joking?"

"No I'm serious, I have an important meeting tomorrow and you have to be there."

"I'm at my office everyday at 6 anyways but if we are being honest, I kind of like Leo better than mr. DiCaprio."

"Well, you better go before he hears you and fires you."

"Jeez okay okay, goodnight!"

"Goodnight." I shut the car door making my way to the house again. I opened the living room light jumping after I saw my mom in her pink robe with her hands folded, holding slippers.

"Why are you late?" She furrowed.

"Hello to you too." I sighed shutting the front door then locking it. "It's my boss's birthday so I was there. I didn't have ride home because maya was wasted so mr. DiCaprio offered me a ride home." I took off my heals which made my legs red red.

"Hmm...." She hummed unfolding her arms. "I don't want you out that late."

"Mom am 20 for gods sake!"

"Well, you still live under my roof. If you want to live your life then move out."

"You want me to move out?"

"No, that's why I never asked you like other parents. I lost everyone, my father, your father, my mother disowned me, I don't have siblings, I have no one is just you." She looked at me with sad face.

"Mom." I whined hugging her tightly. "I won't leave you ever."

"I don't want you hurt." She sobbed in my arms.

**

I sighed trying to find the papers mr. DiCaprio asked me to find it for him. "Did you find it?" A raspy voice asked from behind me. I turned it was Leo.

I sighed, "No." I shook my head. "Maybe it's in your office?"

"It's not, trust me. I tried finding it too."

"Did you ask maya?"

He thought for a second. "N-no."

"I will go ask her if you excuse me."

"Yeah go, I'll be in my office." I nodded making my way down to maya.

"Maya!" I exclaimed.

"Hello there." She adjusted her glasses.

"Did you see the papers which was in the blue file?"

"You mean this?" We turned to see Vanessa holding them with one hand another hand folded and she has a stupid smirk on her face.

"How did you get it?" I asked.

"I have my ways." She sighed going thru them. "Maybe If you didn't return them you will.... Get fired." Her eyes met mine again.

My hands turned into a fist ball, I wanted to punch her but no. I'm at work. I inhaled trying to calm down my best. "Vanessa, return it back." Maya exclaimed.

"Why would I?"

I licked my lips before slowly going towards her. "Give it back." I whispered in gritted teeth.

"No." She teared them apart. "No you can't have it nor me." She gave me the teared up papers before flipping her hair, swaying her hips out of the building.

"I'm pretty sure mr. DiCaprio has another copy, don't worry." Maya tried to calm me but I was still angry. I left her without a glance upstairs to Leo.

I finally made it to his office and burst in. "Your shitty ex has the papers and she teared them apart." I slammed the teared papers in his desk.

"1) your not allowed to talk like that 2) no swearing 3) no raising voices and 4) calm down. I thought you've read the rules?" He folded his arms.

I took a deep breathe trying to calm down. "Your ex teared the papers apart, I don't know what to do. But maya said maybe u have copy of the papers." I said calmly.

He sighed running a hand thru his hair. "I will talk to Vanessa and I will see what I will do with the papers."

I nodded leaving his office