0.6

-

-

Not much had changed since the Cullens left...for the rest of us anyway. If the constantly empty lunch table in the cafeteria in school wasn't enough to spread rumor that the Cullens were gone, my sisters newly developed and obvious depressed state sure was.

Expectedly, my sister's not so new habit of shutting everyone out had just gotten worse...which wasn't that much different from her usually sullen behavior to anyone who didn't know her.

3 months. She'd shut out the world for 3 months, including me, dad, even her friends.

"C'mon Bella, you can't keep sitting here alone everyday. " I sighed, walking over to the Cullens old table.

With no response, I dropped my lunch tray in front of her a sat down.

"Just go, Athena."

Those were about the only words she'd spoken to me since they'd left.

"Bells, please. It's been months, everyone's getting worried." I started peeling my orange "I get it. You needed time to accept that he's gone, but this is unhealthy. You can't just isolate yourself from the world."

With still no reply, the sound of the busy cafeteria filling in the silence between us.

"At least talk to me. I'm your sister-"

Before I could finish my lecture, she grabbed her drink and stood up- rushing away and out of the cafeteria.

"So much for that..." I muttered, tossing my orange back down onto my tray.

-

"Any luck?"

"She barely spoke a sentence to me. I don't know what to do dad, it's getting bad..."

There was a silent pause between us before he sighed heavily.

"I know. I think...I think I'm gonna have to send her back with her mother."

I never thought I'd hear my dad say that. He was the one who wanted Bella here in the first place... I remember when dad told me about Bella trying to leave, he was a wreck.

But it was getting out of hand.

"The nightmares, cutting her friends off- cutting us off. I just can't do it anymore Athena. Have you seen her? She's barely even eating." He ran a hand down his exhausted face.

"When are you gonna tell her?" I sat next to him on the couch, wringing my hands.

The last thing I wanted was for my sister to leave, but he was right- Bella was basically deteriorating from the outside in.

"Tomorrow. Don't say anything, I don't know how she's gonna take it." He warned, standing up and kissing my forehead before he grabbed his jacket and left the house.

Pull it together Bella.

-

Now that dad had assured a solution to Bellas issues, I had a moment of free time to worry about myself. With school in full swing, and being stuck on babysitting Bella for the past few weeks- I barely had the mind capacity to think right.

Over the past few months, I'd formed a close friendship with one of the Quilete boys. I wouldn't really refer to it as new, but it had been almost 10 years since we'd been this close.
So, with my free time, I spent most of it with Paul Lahote on the reservation, or at the beach when it wasn't to cold.

It was nice, seeing as our personalities seemed to be alike in many aspects. Our only fault was our equally bad tempers, which caused the occasional clash in our time together.

Which is what got us to where we are now.

"You're kidding right? You're blowing me off again?" I scoffed.

"Sam needs my help around the reservation. I can't just cancel all of my plans for you. Sorry."

I stood up from the sand, looking toward him with an irritated look, "No, I'm not asking you to. I'm asking you not to cancel our plans at Sams every call."

"My family comes first, and we've barely been hanging out for two months. What do you expect from me?" He raised his eyebrows, crossing his large arms.

"Oh my bad, I shouldn't have expected some sort loyalty from someone I've 'only been hanging out with for two months.'" I mocked in his stupid voice.

"Listen... you're not my girlfriend, so stop acting like-"

That's when I cut him off, throwing my sand covered jacket at him in annoyance.

The audacity of this man.

"Trust me. I'd never even dream of it. I'd hate to come second to Sam at every minor fucking inconvenience." I scoffed, turning around and heading the opposite direction, "Oh wait, I already do. Fuck you, and fuck your buddy Sam. I hope being his bitch was worth losing a friend because-"

"Sams got nothing to do with this, it's me your mad at so keep his name out of it." He roared, grabbing my arm from behind me.

That must have struck a nerve.

Maybe I was a glutton for punishment, but I wanted to make him mad enough to feel how I felt.

"Does that piss you off?" I yanked my arm away, "You don't like it when I talk about your best friend like that?" I snatched my jacket from his hand.

Usually, Paul was good at controlling his temper when it came to me- but his uneven breathing and scrunched expression told me that I should've just shut up.

"Oh no, Paul's getting mad. Better shut my mouth." I rolled my eyes, putting my jacket on, "Don't bother talking to me again until you're your own person- and not Sams personal lackey."

And that's when he turned into a giant dog right in front of my eyes.