1.5

-

-

The familiar sound of his voicemail seemed to hurt a little more each time. None of which compared to how it hurt to hear this time, after we slept together.

I don't know why I thought things would change.

I'd given it my all, and dwelling on it had only stressed me out more than necessary at this point. I could feel my heart physically in pain, every hour, every minute I spent pining on whether or not I'd ever have my friends back.

I spaced out, looking into the mirror. I ran my fingers along the purple bruises along my collarbone and neck.

Don't think about him, Athena.

I didn't seem notice the tears now staining my face.

"Why are you crying. It's their fault, not yours." I clenched my jaw, putting my hoodie on and covering all evidence that pointed to last night "You don't need them."

I left the bathroom, drying my hair as I walked into Bellas room.

"No sleep?" I tossed the towel into her hamper, sitting on the edge of her bay window. She blinked, snapping out of her daze, and getting up to grab her jacket.

"So...Jake's not acting like an asshole anymore." I continued. Last night, I saw them outside when she came back from the res. I wanted to go out, but decided against it seeing that they were having a moment.

"I dont know what you're talking about. He wouldnt talk to me, same thing." She muttered, looking around for her phone. I grabbed it off of her desk, stepping over to her.

She's lying.

"Oh." I paused, gripping her phone as she continued to search around her bed.

"Billy says he's sick, again." She avoided my pressing gaze.

She's definitely lying.

"Oh." I repeated, gripping her phone harder. I felt like it would break in my hand, if she lied to me again. I stopped asking questions, tossing her phone onto her bed and walking past her in silence.

I turned and gave her one last glance, before leaving her room and heading back to mine.

Overwhelmed.

I tried to come up with a word to describe how all of these lies made me feel.

Betrayed.

My sister went to see Jacob yesterday, and came back a liar.

Hurt.

Whatever the word was, it was all the same in the end.They were all the same. The only ones not lying to me at this point, were my dad and Quil.

"I'm going out." She spoke as she walked past my room, "I love you, Athena."

I didn't turn to her, staring out my window with a blank stare.