1.2

-

-

"Does that piss you off?" I yanked my arm away, "You don't like it when I talk about your best friend like that?" I snatched my jacket from his hand.

Usually, Paul was good at controlling his temper when it came to me- but his uneven breathing and scrunched expression told me that I should've just shut up.

"Oh no, Paul's getting mad. Better shut up." I rolled my eyes, putting my jacket on, "Don't bother talking to me again until you're your own person- and not Sams personal lackey."

And that's when he turned into a giant dog right in front of my eyes.

-

I shot up from my bed, drenched in sweat. My heart was thumping speedily against my chest. I took a second, catching my breath and processing my dream. I felt a ghost like stinging sensation on my stomach, and brought my hand down to the giant claw mark.

I remember.

It wasn't a dream, it was a memory.

My childhood friend turned into a giant dog... right in front of my eyes. It wasn't a mountain lion that did this to me... It was him.

"You're losing it Athena." I whispered in disbelief, hardly processing it.

No...I always had a feeling that Paul had something to do with it.

I looked over at the alarm clock, seeing that it was nearly 11 in the morning. I slowly pulled the blankets off of me and headed to the bathroom. After taking care of my business, I ended up taking a shower that seemingly took longer than usual.

There's no way I saw...am I losing my mind?

As the warm water cascaded down from the shower head and hit my skin, I thought about everything thats happened over the past few months. Finding out about the Cullens, my sister's unhealthy obsession with her ex-vampire boyfriend...Lahote turning into a dog and trying to mame me. And lastly, Jake.

How long had he known about the Cullens? How'd he figure it out in the first place?

Finally taking the time to put everything that's happened together only made me come up with more questions. Are there more people like Paul? Were the Cullens the only vampires in Forks? And... the other day when I saw Jake, what was that feeling that hit me like a mac-truck?

Cold water pulled me out of my thoughts, and I quickly shut it off- getting out.

"Hey. I'm gonna go on a hike... dad just left with Harry not that long ago." Bella called through the door.

"You and nature? Doesn't sound like a good mix Bells." I wrapped my towel around me and opened the door, "Since when do you hike?"

"There's this spot up in the mountain..." She ran a hand through her hair, "I'll be careful, I just need to see something."