0.7

-

-

"Charlies gonna lose it."

"Kinda serves her right for messing with Paul in the first place."

Indistinct voices spoke in the background, making it hard to make out who it was due to how muffled they were.

"Shut up dude, she can probably hear you."

I wanted to open my eyes, but it was like they were being weighed down. So instead of fighting, I let the darkness overtake me again.

-

His skin sparkled directly under the sun- giving off the illusion of crytals dancing across his skin. I reached out, touching the blurred mess that was suppose to be his face.

"It's you." I spoke lightly, feeling the ice cold skin of his cheek.

I took a step closer, squinting my eyes. I tried so hard to make out who it was, but before I could, his hand came up to touch mine against his cheek.

"You were the one standing next to me." I reffered to my last dream of him, getting the same warm tingle from his hand against mine.

His quiet voice whispered something making me furrow my eyebrows at how fuzzy it sounded.

"Why do I keep dreaming about you?" I questioned, now confused.

A long silence filled the area as I waited for a answer, but got nothing besides the sounds of nature creating a peaceful melody around us. His face began to become clearer the more I focused, but still not enough to make out completely.

The shape of his face.

Blonde or light brown hair.

And most of all, those honey colored eyes that glared back at me so intensly through a seemingly blurred screen over his face.

"You look so familiar..."

I removed my hand hesitantly, taking a step away from the unknown man in front of me. I wanted to be scared, but I physically couldn't be. I was worried. Worried as to why I was so comfortable around somebody I didn't know. Worried as to why this man gave me such a warm feeling inside that just wouldn't go away, despite his ice cold touch.

The sound of leaves crushing made me snap out of my question filled daze. I turned my head to see the same large dog like animal from last time as well.

"Is this your friend?" I breathed, glancing back at the cold creature in front of me, "What's going on?"

I went to take a step toward the dog, but stopped when a cold and ridged hand gripped onto my wrist, stopping me. A bone chilling growl sounded from the creature as soon and the man touched me, but that didn't seem to phase him.

"Let me go." I pulled my wrist away, which made him let go reluctantly.

With my attention back on the large creature a few feet away, I took slow steps closer to it.

The creature stared back at me, obviously giving me no verbal response. The way it looked at me reminded me of a human. Nobody ever looked at me so intensly, as if their whole world revolved around me, like this animal did. But, what told me that this was the same animal from my last dream, was the way my heart was beating so fast, the closer I got to it.

No, nobody had ever given me this sense of security and curiosity.

"Then...who are you?" I whispered, only less than a foot away from it. Slowly, I reached my hand out- touching the soft fur of it's head with my palm. It leaned it's head down, nestling into my hand.

-

My eyes flew open with an audible gasp coming from my throat.

Why is everything so bright?

My surroundings slowly started to become clearer, as did the obnoxious beep of a hospital monitor.

"Ms. Swan? Can you hear me? Ms. Swan?" A bright light shined into my eyes. I slowly sat up, wincing when a sharp pain coming from my abdomen stopped me.

"Please stay still Ms. Swan, you may experience some pain if you try to get up to fast." The deep voice warned.

I went to speak, but my throat being so dry made me choke.

"Ah, here. Please, take it slow." The man in a doctor's coat handed me a glass of water, helping me sit up.

After drinking the water, my senses had nearly fully come back to me,

"Do you remember why you are here, Ms. Swan?" He turned the small light off, putting it back into his pockets.

I took a moment to try and remember what landed me in the hospital, but drew a blank. All I could focus on was the increasing pain coming from stomach, and the obnoxious beeping sound coming from next to me.

"It's normal to experience memory loss after the initial shock of the incident sets in." He took my silence for an answer, writing on his clipboard, "Can you tell me your name?"

"Athena." I finally spoke up, setting the water down,"Can you tell me what happened?"

"How old are you, Athena?"

"Eighteen, now can you answer my question?"

"And lastly, can you tell me the last thing you remember before you woke up here?" He continued writing, ignoring my questions completely

"I remember...I was on the beach, with my friend..." I furrowed my eyebrows, not remember much further than walking with Paul.

"Is that all?"

How the fuck did I end up here? I haven't ended up in the hospital for anything serious since I was like 14.

"As for what landed you here, you're believed to have been attacked by a mountain lion." He sighed, shaking his head "You're lucky you survived."

A mountain lion? And I only got away with a scratch?

"Where's my dad?" I immediately asked, placing a hand on the large bandages wrapped around my stomach.

The doctor finished writing, before sending me a sympathetic look, "Your father should be back any minute- hasn't left since he's gotten here."

"Which was....?"

"You've been out for two days, but after such an incident- I wouldn't find it odd if you'd stayed out for a week."

2 days.

"Has anyone else come to see me?" I slowly laid back down.

"A few people in and out. The nice men who brought you here have been here almost as long as your dad." He headed toward the door, "I'll have the nurse administer something for the pain. Are you up for company?"

With a nod, he left the room- shutting the door behind him- leaving me to process everything.