0.2

-

-

"You didn't tell us that you uh, had a sister Bella."

Awkward.

My sister and I stood in front of a lunch table, full of people Bella refered to as her friends.

"Guys, this is Athena. Athena this is Mike. That's Jess, Angela, and Eric" she motioned to the pale people, who just stared at me like I had two heads.

"Hey," I waved, pursing my lips "Nice to meet you guys..."

Jessica, the smaller brunette smiled first- though it seemed forced, "It's like we have another Bella...you two are like, twins." she joked.

Yeah, if I were about five skin tones lighter.

Bells and I had different moms, so most people assumed I was adopted or something due to my russet skin and complexion- but in reality dad didn't get with Renée, Bellas mom, until about a year after I was born.

"Seems like it." I spoke curtly, sitting next to my sister.

"Well...welcome to Forks." Mike, the dirty blonde sitting next to Jessica moved over a little- giving me more room.

Lunch was exactly like that for the next twenty minutes, at least for me. Everyone seemed to carry on their conversations, occasionally asking me a question or two.

"I'm gonna go meet Edward- you wanna come?" Bella cleared her throat, tucking her phone into her pocket.

Edward? Was that the guy she had a picture of on her desk?

"It was great meeting some of Bella's friends." I stood, waving the table of people goodbye "See you guys around."

-

"Don't stare."

"I'm not staring."

"You are..."

"He's cute Bells." I nudged her.

"Don't be embarrassing." She muttered under her breath.

I rolled my eyes, not replying as we approached a guy seemingly around my sister's age- his face relaxed and lightly amused as we approached.

"Edward, this is my sister. Athena, this is Edward."

"Like she said. You must be the boyfriend." I spoke, studying the taller boy. His eyes were a unique honey brown, and his hair could probably rival mine. He stared back at me, looking between Bella and I breifly. Edward smiled faintly, reminding me something of Bellas awkwardness.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Athena. Bella's told me so much about you." His voice was soft, almost calming.

Probably a lie, according to her friends.

I couldn't help but scoff a little, as I glanced over to my sister "Nice to meet you too."

"Bella!" A perky voice made me turn to a short pixie looking girl skipping down the hall "Happy Birthday!"

Bella groaned lowly, looking at Edward with a tired expression "Shh, Alice. Not so loud"

"Come on Bells," I teased, knowing she hated her birthday "your birthdays meant to be celebrated."

"That's exactly why I was hoping everyone would forget." Bella mumbled, embracing the pixie in a hug after she presented her with a box "Thanks, Alice."

"This must be your sister." Alice immediately looked over to me, smiling widely "Bella's told us so much about you!"

"So I keep hearing." I grinned, glaring at my sister who gave me a glare back "I'm Athena."

I jumped when she embraced me in a hug, her skin cold to the touch. I hesitantly patted her back before detatching myself. Behind Alice, stood a blonde guy who just stared at me like I was food and he was starving.

I cleared my throat, now a little uncomfortable.

"This is Jasper, Jas can you say hello?" Alice softly spoke to him, holding his hand. Jasper's lips lifted into almost a small smirk, and he nodded.

"Hello." he spoke, seemingly strained.

I sent him a brief wave, smiling back at the southern boy.

"You should come to Bella's birthday party tonight." Alice invited, "The family would love to meet you!"

"Birthday party? Alice, I don't know..." Bella interrupted frantically. Edward eyed Alice intensly, but masked his irritation with an aloof expression.

"Oh come on Bella, it'll be fun! And you're gonna wear this dress, and you'll look amazing." She tapped the box she gave Bella.

The late bell rang, signaling my time to go.

"Thank you for the invitation Alice, I'll see you all tonight." I waved, turning my back to the group and heading down the hall.

As I headed farther away, their voices faded.

Is everyone around here this pale?