Chapter 22

"What's wrong with you?" Ryujin asked as she saw Chaeryeong daze off into the distance.

"N-Nothing." Chaeryeong snapped out of her trance and shook her head.

"Well, start playing the game then. We're down by five and we only have two possessions left."

Chaeryeong sighed and nodded. She looked into the bleachers once again and spotted an excited Minju talking animatedly to Yeji, who was reading a book and not paying attention to a word her friend was saying.

The raven haired then directed her gaze off to the sidelines where the cheerleaders were standing, waiting to perform another routine. Her eyes landed on Choi Jisu, who looked at her and gave a wink.

Chaeryeong's cheeks turned bright red almost instantly and she whipped her head the other direction. Luckily the coach called on her and she jogged up to the court. She remembered Ryujin's words and stopped thinking about the two girls running around her mind all day and focused on the game.

"Great game guys!" Ryujin congratulated everyone on the team with a pat on the back and compliments.

They managed to close the gap to only one point, and Chaeryeong made an assist to Ryujin, letting her down a three pointer.

As they celebrated in the middle of the court, Chaeryeong was suddenly pulled aside.

"Hey!-" Chaeryeong yelled in anger at whoever did that, but she closed her mouth when she saw the head cheerleader look at her with a certain gaze in her eyes.

"J-Jisu."

Choi Jisu smirked. "You played well today." She complimented the older girl and Chaeryeong almost fainted on the spot.

"Y-You did well today as well." Chaeryeong said awkwardly. Jisu chuckled. "You're cute."

Chaeryeong turned red and she showed a small smile at that, eternally wondering what had happened to Jisu to make her so compliment her so much.

Suddenly, the blonde leaned in to Chaeryeong and hooked her arms around her neck, pulling her in.

"J-J-Jisu." Chaeryeong stuttered pathetically as she was within kissing distance of her crush. "Shh." She whispered, but the older girl managed to hear it clearly. As much as she resisted, Chaeryeong let herself melt into the blonde's touch and fluttered her eyes closed.

As she sensed Jisu move closer, her breath hitched and she waited for something to happen.

But before anything did, her arm was yanked away and she felt Jisu's arms around her neck disappear. Opening her eyes, Chaeryeong looked into Ryujin's eyes.

"What the hell are you doing?" The captain asked angrily.

Chaeryeong opened her mouth to answer, but realized that Ryujin was questioning Choi Jisu, who was behind her.

Choi Jisu narrowed her eyes towards the silver haired girl. "None of your business. Go back to your nerd now." She shot back and attempted to move closer to Chaeryeong, but Ryujin stepped in between.

"You should go back to your cheer squad. We have a win to celebrate."

Ryujin said and turned around to pull the shocked Chaeryeong behind her.

"What was that?"

Chaeryeong asked, taking off her jersey and ruffling through her bag to find a new shirt.

Ryujin glared. "You know exactly what that was." She sat down on the bench and looked her teammate and best friend in the eyes.

"I thought you had a thing with Minju."