Chapter 8

A/N: Hello hello hello readers <3 

How was your day?

I hope it was great!!

I am updating early because I might not be able to update on Saturday like I usually do due to school reasons.

Enjoy the chapter and your daily dose of memes :)

Y/n’s P.O.V.

I roamed around the stony pathway of the Water estate, anxious for the arrival of something I had requested for earlier.

“Calm down. It’ll arrive sooner or later” my brother’s voice roamed in my head but I had evidently overlooked his suggestion, still worrying.

“It’s been a day already! C’mon, why can’t c/n just hurry up!!” I mentally cursed myself for sending a crow on this task.

“Why didn’t you send a Kakushi instead?” Giyuu questioned again, making me stop dead in my tracks to look at him.

I pointed my index finger towards him and puffed my cheeks out, my mind roaming through reasons I can give him as an excuse but none came to mind.

“Figures” he stated then directed his gaze away from me to his side, anger boiling through me.

“LISTEN OKAY! IT’S NOT MY FAULT I COULDN’T FIND IT!!” I fumed.

“How can you lose your sword?” He sarcastically asked.

“I DIDN’T LOSE IT!!!”

“So what? It just grew arms and legs and walked out of the estate casually?” Giyuu acrimoniously inquired again.

My face was visibly portraying rage right now, but I was capable enough to grit my teeth in fury and turn the other way to avoid an outburst.

At that moment, I could see a distant penumbra of a crow approaching me with something in its mouth and my eyes widened and sparkled.

“It’s here!!!!!” I exclaimed running up to the crow I had assumed was c/n. When I got closer to it, those sparkles had left my eyes. For I knew a devil when I saw one.

“Ugh!” I sighed seeing Ginko’s cold glare on me.

“Caw caw!! Message to y/n Tomioka!!!!” it shouted, still giving me a death glare.

That devil didn’t even bother to personally hand me the letter, she just dropped it on the floor and flew away.

Still trying to calm myself down, I bent down and picked up the letter then opened it to read it.

Hello umm, y/n, yeah, that’s your name right?

I had just finished my mission and decided to send you a letter because I am bored.

Muichiro.

‘So plain’ I deadpanned to myself.

“Who is it from?” Giyuu asked me.

“Muichiro”

“What is it about?”

“None of your business Mr. ‘It grew legs’” I mocked him.

“Are you serious?” he asked then gave me that look.

“Did I stutter?” I redirected to him.

“Someone’s in a bad mood today”

“And guess who’s fault is that?” I spat at Giyuu then he sighed in defeat.

“I’m leaving” he finally said before walking away from me with his head looking at the floor.

‘I’ll reply to him later’ I thought, putting the letter in my pocket and then I continued pacing around.

Muichiro's P.O.V

“Kanroji……….Kanroji……….Kanroji…….” I kept repeating to myself so I wouldn’t forget as I walked through a forest.

“Kanroji………….” I said again then unwillingly bumped into someone then I looked up at the persons’ face and saw that butterfly girl looking at me.

‘I remember her from somewhere, I remember the two butterfly clips at the side of her head. Is she a pillar?’

“Ara~ Tokito-kun!’ she exclaimed and stared at me with her pale purple eyes.

“Who are you?” I asked her.

“You forgot me again? We talked last week though? Shinobu said you were in the estate wandering around and I gave you directions! Remember?” she sought my answer.

“No” I poker-faced.

“Ah” Was all she said.

“Do you know where the person called Kanroji is?” I inquired.

“Yes actually, she was….”

‘That cloud, it looks familiar. Kinda like-’ I was interrupted from my thoughts.

“Are you listening to me, Tokito-san?” she queried.

“Yes….”

“Good then! It’s right there” she pointed in the direction east from me.

“Where are you going to go?” I catechized her.

“Ara~ I’m on my way on a mission!! There are rumours of an uppermoon in a town around that direction so I was sent on a mission there” she replied to me happily.

A/N: :’) Manga readers don’t kill me :’)

“Okay” I voiced then walked away from her.

“East, east, east” I kept on repeating.

*Time skip ⚠️*

“Is this it?” I asked myself looking at the large estate before my very eyes.

“Eh” I sighed then knocked on the door three times before looking up at the clear blue sky.

‘There are more clouds than yesterday. I wonder if y/n likes cloud gazing, maybe we can look at them together someday’ I mulled over before I heard a loud slamming of a door in front of me.

 I took a gander up to see a lady with long pink hair tied into two braids each on one side of her head. She also had bangs with lime green tips.

“Ah Tokito-kun!!!!!!” she shouted, I knew I remembered this nuisance from somewhere but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.

“What is he doing here?” a masculine voice from inside spoke up.

“Obanai-san! Don’t be rude to him!!” she said to the voice which never showed themself.

“So what brings you here Tokito-kun!?” she asked me, putting her face closer to mine.

‘Why did I come here?’

“I forgot” I blankly replied to her.

“You see? He forgot, now tell him to leave” the voice still stated.

“Don’t be so mean to him!! Tokito-kun, can you come back later when you perhaps remember?” she asked me.

“Okay” I said expressionlessly before turning my back on her then I walked away.

Just then, umm, my crow I think had landed on my shoulder and stated that she had delivered the message to y/n.

“I need to sleep” I pondered, then asked Ginko to tell me the directions back to my estate which she complied to at least.

Word count: 1033 words.