Chapter 18

Y/n's P.O.V.

"Where....am I?"

"Ah y/n-sama" the one with the pink hair clips mumbled audibly enough for one to hear, a slight sweatdrop was visible on the left side of her forehead.

"Told you not to reach for the bottle" Sumi whispered to the other assistant as she looked down due to embarrassment.

"I'm sorry...." Naho inaudibly whispered but I paid no mind to the conversation that aroused between those three girls.

'I'm in the Butterfly estate?' The thought rose in my mind, at the moment I was slowly being able to recognize my familiar surroundings.

"How did I get here?" I had accidentally questioned aloud, catching the attention of the three twin-like helpers of the estate.

"We don't know the full story but Kanroji-san carried you here!" Kiyo replied loudly, earning nods from the two others beside her passionately.

"You passed out" Another voice had spoken but it didn't seem like it had come from inside the room the four of us were currently in. Slowly, footsteps could be heard from outside the shoji door before it had smoothly slid over to the other side revealing the one who ran the Butterfly mansion at the time.

"S-shinobu-sama!" Naho yelped in surprise, no, all of them seemed surprised at her sudden appearance, including myself if I had the honour of adding.

"You three can go now, I would like to talk to y/n-chan alone" she ordered softly as I watched the three adorable girls gently march out of the room before the younger Kocho sister closed the door.

"It's been a year y/n-chan, how are you?" I remember her asking me moments before she took the pleasure of sitting at the bed I laid in.

"I've been alright, you?" I asked her, sitting up from the lousy position I occupied previous to turning my head to face the purple eyed slayer I was well acquainted with.

"Life's been good if I may say" Shinobu replied, sighing inaudibly and facing her head downwards before looking back up at me.

"How time flies y/n-chan. You've grown so much! You're even developing a reasonably sized chest now!" she said to me all of a sudden, a dark shade of red adorning my cheeks as she laughed in amusement.

"Don't say that!" I retorted, pouting a bit at her laugh and behaviour towards me at the time.

"Heh" she slowly said, looking at the ground as she seemed to be very deep into her thoughts and I just couldn't help being curious about what had occupied her mind all of a sudden.

"What're you thinking about?" I inquired, swinging my legs at the end of the bed and facing her with curiosity written all over my s/c face.

"Do you remember when we first met?" she queried from me, earning a small but quite loud hum in response.

"It was a clear, normal day at the estate. I remember walking around the outskirts of the Estate before Kanae spotted Tomioka in the distance carrying a child. You were so tiny~~" she teased me, closing her eyes amusingly and poking my shoulder.

"I was 6!" I defended as a response, clearly frustrated and embarrassed at all her attempts to tease me.

"Ara~ Are you mad y/n-chi?" Kocho-san giggled lowly at the expression that ever so gently adorned my face.

There was evidently going to be no response nor word coming out of my lips so I had to wait until the woman had finished her laughing section.

"You were so little....yet covered in all those bruises..." she trailed off, mysteriously and worriedly at the same time.

"I know better than to invade your personal space and get myself involved, but at least I'm glad we were able to save you" she mentioned, bringing her arms out and stretching before getting off of the bed and heading towards the door.

"I should go now. I'll see you during the rehabilitation training y/n-chan! Don't even think about skipping it this time!" were the last words she said to be that moment before exiting the room and shutting the door closed behind her.

Leaping off of the bed myself, I decided to take a quick walk around the estate and see what activities were taking place and as she said, it had been a year since I had been around.

While I looked around the estate, I didn't fail to spot those familiar mint eyes in the distance. His slim figure walked around the estate casually like it was his home.

'Muichiro? What's he doing here?' were the thoughts that pondered and filled my mind but were quickly abandoned as I realized it would be best to ignore his presence and continue on with minding my own business.

During the walk, a lot of thoughts had crossed my mind ever since the conversation between Shinobu-san and I. I had noticed that she had started to smile more and that her haori was no longer the plain white one she always used.

It was now the one that formerly belonged to her deceased sister, Kanae.

The conversation also really made me think about the past events about meeting the Kocho sisters, and of course the thought of my Master dared to cross my mind.

"The past is the past, what's here is the present" I said to myself in the hope of cheering me up and it was then I decided it would be a good time to go back to the room I was designated to stay in until I fully recovered.

I slowly climbed up the bed again, looking at the side table beside it and noticing a novel that was neatly placed on it.

My hands picked up the book, one dusting it for a few seconds before they both held it in front of my tired being.

'This is a great way to make time pass by quickly' I reasoned with myself, flipping through the pages of the fairly light weighted novel and scanning through the contents of the book.

Well, that was until a my ears sharply picked up the sound of a knock coming from the room door.

Word count:  1041 words.