Chapter 22

Hello!! Please spam the comments with hellos! I'll reply >:D

After I'm done with this book, which fanfic do you want me to write? Either between kny, genshin impact or one piece ^0^. Enjoy the chapter!

Y/n's P.O.V.

My hands shook with fear, my mindset unable to calm down while watching the bodies. Was there someone after me? Why? How?

"It's just a coincidence, don't let it get to you-" Muichiro's voice rose up but immediately fell silent upon receiving a glare from me. For me, there was no way that this was just a mere coincidence, it definitely had to be planned out.

Still attempting to rack my brain of a possible reason for this incident, an answer popped up in my head only leaving me more horrified. 'Was it him?'

Time skip

A soft mewl escaped my lips as a groan also escaped his. "It's too tight..." I winced in pain while watching the master of the Butterfly estate wrap bandages strongly around our injuries.

"Well next time, consider not getting injured" she warned in that horrifying tone that could scare off any demon on sight. It was really a wonder on how she could retain her smile when angry, yet terrifying.

"In our defense, that demon came out of nowhere" I defended, holding my now bangaed arm in pain while Muichiro just stayed silent. "As for you Tokito-kun, I'm surprised you didn't sense it" she scolded him but the mist pillar seemed to pay no mind to her lectures but instead looked as if he was deep in thought.

It almost makes me wonder what goes on in that light headed mind of his? Does he just imagine clouds or actually think of the world around him? No one could ever properly answer this question unless it was the Hashira himself.

After she had finished cleaning us both up, she exhaled slowly before grabbing her kit and exiting the room leaving us both alone. It looked like had more important matters to attend to as she left in quite a hurry.

"I'm going to get some water" Muichiro said, standing up from the bed before being pulled back down by the courtesy of me.

"You should rest before moving" I advised him wisely while holding his hand down. My friend said nothing in response and decided to cooperate with my idea and take a short rest.

"Can I?" I asked him pleadingly, mumbling the last part of the question while I was answered with a raised brow from him. "Can you do what?" He questioned back.

"Can I play with your hair?..." I asked more clearly, but nonetheless I remained nervous as he did not respond. I hated awkward atmospheres like this because I had no idea what to say nor do.

Muichiro's P.O.V

"Okay" I replied to her request before seeing the overjoyed look on her face that I agreed. 'Cute' I pondered, smiling at the thought a bit before returning to my former bland expression.

On the bed, I could feel her shift closer to my body and I felt her hot breath hit my skin causing me to flinch a bit at her actions.

The sensation of her digging her fingers through it to comb through my hair felt utmost satisfying allowing me to hum in the process.

"As expected, it's soft" I heard her giggle to herself before grabbing a few strands to it and braiding it. While this happened, one matter still dominated my thoughts since we came back.

One minute she was absolutely horrified then the next she acted as though nothing happened. That she didn't see the bodies nor she wasn't scared. It was oblivious she was hiding something so why not use this opportunity to ask her about it?

"About yesterday.." I began, turning my head back to face her. It almost seemed as if she was uncomfortable with the topic which I would understand if I was to put myself in her shoes.

"Oh? What about yesterday?" She replied to me with another question, stopping in her tracks and leaving me just to sigh in defeat. 'This will lead me nowhere'

"Nevermind" I told her before she continued stroking and braiding my hair ever so gently.

A couple minutes passed by before I heard her giggle all the more and I felt her hand leave my hair. I missed the warmth and I wouldn't lie about it. "There! All done!" She stated then I used my hand to feel what she had done.

Just from touch, I could feel it braided all the way down with a few rubbers in it.

'I don't like it...'

"It's pretty" I complimented it before facing her excited face. "I knew you'd like it!" She told me, surprisingly wrapping her arms around my neck and staring at my face.

"It suits you-"

Suddenly, the door barged open.

"Y/N-CHAN ARE YOU OKAY? I HEARD YOU GOT JUMPED ON BY A DOG!" A pink haired lady exclaimed, walking over to Y/n who sat there baffled and engulfing her in a tight hug, pushing her away from me.

"It wasn't a dog!" Y/n argued while gently trying to push the lady away who seemed to be suffocating her.

"But I heard it had sharp teeth and was small a-"

"It was a demon!" Y/n said again making the lady have a questioning look. "When did demons have a dog form?" The mint-eyed woman questioned her but no answer left Y/n's lips.

Ignoring them, I used my hand to check on my hair and I sighed in relief that it didn't undo when she came barging into the room yet I was somehow sad when she pulled y/n away from me.

And that was when I finally realized how close she was to my figure which let an unwanted blush creep up to my face. Luckily, the two ladies still in the room were too busy with each other to notice it.

'Is the pink lady right about me liking her?'

Word count: 1020 words.