Chapter 20

Y/n's P.O.V.

The bright orange hues the sun usually displayed were now dulling down as it set into the distance, the grass situated on the floor dancing in melody with the calm and serene-like blows of the wind.

I mounted a backpack on my back which was filled with my belongings before heading to the entrance of the house I occupied for a month now.

Speaking for myself, I had quite gotten used to the routine and daily schedule I had to abide by for a month but I eventually grew tired of the bustling and at the same time, boring atmosphere that filled the estate.

Now fully recovered, I stood at the entrance, taking my leave from the home for I had now fully recovered from all my former injuries.

'I wonder how everybody is' I pondered while walking, gripping the straps of the bag while I remembered I hadn't seen the teal-haired boy once during my stay.

Had he forgotten about me? Other than that no explanation came to mind to the disappearance of the male.

Sighing slowly, I turned my head to the side, muttering little curse words to myself before hearing a voice that jolted me out of my state.

"You got out today?" it spoke, making me turn my head towards it's direction.

"Didn't you forget about me?" I asked me, noticing him squinting his eyes my way.

"The mochi woman didn't allow me to" Muichiro simply replied, stepping closer to me and it was then I noticed that Ginko was standing on his arm, sending partial glares towards me.

"Oh" was all that left my mouth when he got closer to me. I could practically smell what he had eaten for breakfast.

"Your breath stinks" I complained before using both my arms to push him away from me as I gagged for air.

His expression still didn't falter but I've been with him long enough to tell when he was amused by something.

"Who do you think you're laughing at?" I asked him jokingly, not prepared for his response, but in truth, I should have expected it.

"You" he answered, becoming even more amused at my fallen face appearance.

Without uttering one more word, I simply just walked away from him, partially frustrated yet amused at the same time. For I couldn't blame him, it was indeed funny I must admit.

Not long after I could hear footsteps coming closer from being my as I giggled to myself.

"You're following me?"

"I have nothing better to do so yes I am" he responded, a small but sly smile came across his lips in the process. Luckily for him, I was facing forward so I couldn't catch a glimpse of it.

"Can't you just hunt for some demons?" I sarcastically asked, titled my head backwards to face him but unfortunately, his smile was gone by then.

"Bothering you is more fun" he replied to me, picking up his pace as he walked beside me.

"I'll always bother you"

One and a half year time skip

Muichiro's P.O.V.

"So how's it going Tokito-kun?" the pink-haired lady asked me, her eyes sparkling in the slightest when she questioned me.

"I'm alright I guess" I replied, inclining my head and sight upwards so that I would directly be facing the clouds that occupy the sky.

"You really do like cloud gazing do you?" she asked me, sitting beside me on the grass and also watching the clouds.

"It is entertaining. Do you like cloud gazing?" I replied to her, turning my head to face her and take a closer look at her.

"They are nice to look at. But I prefer star gazing" she responded.

'It's a shame she doesn't like them as much as I do...'

"Are you listening to me?!?" Mitsuri yelled in my ear, snapping my attention back to reality before facing her furious face.

"Huh?" I asked her with such a plain face. It was as if I had no care for what she was saying and it looked like it drove her insane.

"I wonder why Y/n-chan likes someone like you.." She muttered very lowly to herself which I had caught. But I had blanked out again, facing the clouds and completely forgetting I was in a conversation.

A hard knock had met with my head allowing me to painfully whimper.

"Why did you hit me?" I inquired slightly annoyed. All she did in response was pout heer cheeks and turn her head away from me.

I paid no mind to her actions simply because I didn't have any interest in them.

"Why did you call me out here in the first place?"

Y/N's P.O.V.

"And that's twelve wins! Y/n beats Sanemi once again!" the red and orange haired man exclaimed joyfully, using a chalk to add another dash to my side during the game.

"Whoohoo!" Mini-rengoku shouted happily before walking up to me and giving me a high-five.

"Sanemi is awfully quiet. Cat's got your tongue?" Shinobu asked him teasingly, watching him boil red in fury, but he still refused to speak.

Now you may be wondering, where was I? And the answer to that was quite simple.

Kocho-san had suggested the pillars to have a fun game night over at her house and I was meant to accompany Giyuu to it. But not shockingly, he ditched at the last minute so I had to go there alone.

The only four people that were not there were GIyuu, Obanai, Mitsuri and Muichiro. I was quite shocked that the white haired Hashira came to the gathering.

Rengoku brought his little brother, Senjuro, and that was about it.

Beforehand, Sanemi challenged me to a game of hide-and-kill. It was basically the same thing as hide and seek, but if you were found, you had to fight the seeker to a 'death' match as he called it.

Of course I was going to lose the fighting part mainly because I wasn't a Hashira nor that high in the rankings, so I focused on the hiding part, which led me to my twelve victories.

"This is quite fun!"

Muichiro's P.O.V.

"Oh right, that. I called you here to give you some advice!"

Word count: 1052 words.