Chapter 16

A/N: I'm finally back! My apologies for not updating for more than 2 weeks now. Something unexpected came up in my schedule making me unable to update for that time. But I really do hope that you enjoy this chapter!

Things to note:

The 2k special will be released next Saturday along with the Christmas special and and next chapter update.

I have officially released the Tanjiro X Fem!reader so please do take a look at it if you have time!

And also, I have created a collab account with a close friend ItzyagxrlNyx and the name is M0chi_Ang3l !! We are currently working on a Tokyo Revengers one shots book!!

Y/n’s P.O.V.

It was not long after that, Giyuu had wrapped the demon Nezuko in a cloth he had found nearby before he leaned on a random tree, waiting for the boy to waken while I watched him still shocked and pondering on a whole other situation.

‘After all this that just happened, I can’t help but think of him that day’ my thoughts trailed off, but were soon brought back to reality by the sound of someone’s voice speaking up as I then looked in that direction.

“Are you awake?” Giyuu’s monotone voice spoke up, looking at the still frightened boy who was holding his sister close to him in a very protective manner.

“Visit the elder named Urokodaki Sakonji living at the foot of the misty mountain. Tell him that the Tomiokas sent you” he told the boy specifically with his serious expression still worn on his face.

‘Urokodaki? I remember hearing about him from Giyuu’

“Because the light isn’t increasing, it seems like it should be ok. Don’t take your sister out under the sun” he continued his speech towards the burgundy eyed boy before quickly leaving in the blink of an eye, not giving another glance at the siblings who laid down on the snowy ground.

“Good luck on your travels!” I wished for him, before following suit behind Giyuu in order not to lose sight of him again like I did last time.

‘Good luck, because you’ll need it’ I thought to myself while running behind my brother but still not as quickly as his speedy pace.

While running back to the estate, a black crow had flown above both our heads, circling above us and pointing east from the direction we were heading towards.

“Y/N TOMIOKA! MISSION EAST! EAST! HEAD TO THE NEXT TOWN EAST!” it cawed but not in the familiar way that I was used to, making me assume it most likely belonged to the slayer currently running in front of me.

“You should go now” I heard the ravenette say to me, but his focus still remained on the path that was ahead of him.

Before heeding to his advice, I mumbled a quite oppressed word under my breath, then deviated from the original path to the east like the crow had informed me of.

It was actually not as far as I had imagined it to be so I was at least able to reserve my energy for the demon fight if there was going to be one.

I had approached a town that was filled with various kinds and types of traditional decorations, turning my head in awe as I stared at the active location that was placed ahead of me.

“Woah” I said as I looked around, not paying attention to where I was going as the breathtaking sight of the city stole my interest very quickly.

It had many lit up lanterns in the vicinity, as well as the traditionally dressed citizens still letting go of their lanterns into the dark sky.

But unfortunately, as a punishment expected from not looking at where I was going, I accidentally walked into someone, almost losing my footing and falling down before quickly regaining my balance.

I tilted my head upwards and was slightly shocked at the person that stood in front of me. For I was not expecting this specific person to be, but somehow, it didn’t shock me as much.

“Kanroji-san?!” I asked the light pink and mint green haired woman that stood in front of me, both her hands occupied with holding what I think was three sticks of sakura mochi in both her hands before looking down at me.

“Y/n-chan?” she mumbled out loud before sticking another stick of the mochi in her mouth and looking at me with bright and satisfied eyes.

“Do you wanna try some?!?! It’s really good!” she proposed to me, shoving a stick in my face and puffing out her cheeks in delight.

“No thank you” I waved her off politely before switching my attention back to the town around us and its people.

“What is this place?” I asked in awe, my head tilted up to watch the lanterns move graciously in the sky.

“It’s the Lantern Festival!! It happens once a year here!! I’m so glad I get to experience it first hand!!” she squealed semi-happily before stuffing another piece in her already full mouth.

“There are lots of activities around this time of the year!! Let’s take a look around shall we!?” She suggested making me realize something that hit me hard for the first time in a year.

‘I’m supposed to be on a mission…..’ I remembered, snapping my focus and attention back to my main purpose of stepping foot in this wonder filled town.

“Hmm? Is there something wrong Tomioka-chan?” she asked me, slightly puffing her cheeks out and focusing on reading my expression which was quite adorable if my opinion was valid.

“No, nothing is wrong. It’s just that I’m meant to be on a mission!” I answered her question quickly, dying down her slight worry.

“Oh! Even still young and you take your job seriously!” she exclaimed happily before grabbing my hand and still dragging me to the center of the town where all the people and all the fun activities resided.

“But I just sa-!” I tried reminding her of the mission before being interrupted.

“I was sent here on a mission earlier today and took care of the demon that was lurking here!” she informed me, making my orbs widen in surprise.

“So let’s have fun!!”

Word count: 1057 words.