Author's Note: Thank You

As always, I wanted to extend a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has given this book (and maybe even the whole series) a chance. I have loved writing about Nick being herself unapologetically, and Gabriel trying his best (and failing) to resist her.

If you enjoyed the book, I hope you will stick around and check out the next book in the series. It's finally time for us to find out what's going on with Rain and Winterbourne!

A small note, their story takes place at the same time as this one, so some scenes may be repeated (you will have to let me know if it gets too annoying, but hopefully the different point of view will change it enough that it's worthwhile).

~~~~~~

A few notes on some of the things in this book:

# Albany, where Gabriel lives is an actual building in London (yes, it's still there). It was originally built for the 1st Viscount Melbourne but after switching hands a couple of times, it ended up being turned into bachelor apartments in 1802 (called "sets"). Women or children were not allowed in the prestigious sets, but rumours had it that the famous poet Lord Byron's mistress once snuck in, dressed as a man (which inspired Nick in this story). These days, women are allowed at Albany, but no children younger than fourteen.

# I took quite a few liberties where Gabriel's spy activities are involved, so their historical accuracy would not hold up it you began looking too closely lol The War Office government branch was not created until 1857, so the "War Office" referenced by the characters refers to the building where the Secretary at War (responsible for most administration and organisation of the army) was.

# It is (sadly) entirely correct that Nick would have lost her legal identity as a person when married. At the time in England, a wife was not a legal entity, but absorbed into her husband, leaving him in charge of all of her income or if she owned an estate. Marriage contracts could be set up (this was why it was so important not to elope!) where the woman's family could set stipulations on what could be done with her dowry, and what would happen to the money should the husband pass away. Unfortunately, it was difficult to enforce these things if the husbands spent all the money or sold the estate anyway.

Just to think... If Jane Austen had married, any money she made from her books would have been pocketed by her husband.

It wasn't until 1870 that a law was passed to allow married women to hold their own salaries and property as a separate legal entity, but only if inherited or earned through their own work. 1882 the act was extended to all property, regardless of how it was acquired.

# I feel like there was something else I wanted to mention, but I honestly cannot remember... So ignore this last point.

~~~~~~

Please let me know what you thought of Nick and Gabriel's story!

Is there anything you think should be improved for the next edit? Something you wanted to see but never happened?

If you enjoyed the story, please consider leaving a tip on Ko-fi. A link to my Ko-fi account can be found on my profile and in the comments -->

Thank you again to everyone who read, commented and voted on this story! I love interacting with all of you. ♥

 ♥

Ps. Don't forget to check out the sneak peek for book four in the next chapter!

 Don't forget to check out the sneak peek for book four in the next chapter!