And Now for Something Completely Different

While I have your attention, I thought I'd cheekily promote some of my other stories that you may not have seen or read, as well as some other writers I really think you should check out.

Also, kudos if you know the chapter title reference lol 

The Spellbound Series

This is a series of Fantasy Romance stories that lean heavily on the romance part of the story. Basically, consider the Howertys level of romance, only it happens to take place in a fantasy world (allowing me a few more options plot-wise lol). Each story has its own happily ever after, with the series having an overarching plot that it touches on in each one (not so much in the prequel).

 Each story has its own happily ever after, with the series having an overarching plot that it touches on in each one (not so much in the prequel)

Something completely different

This may not be your cup of tea if you're more of a historical reader, but... I tried my hand at contemporary romance with a Cupid failing at his latest match.

 I tried my hand at contemporary romance with a Cupid failing at his latest match

Other Stories/Writers You Should Check Out

Okay, there are more stories and writers than these below, but these are a few suggestions from the lovely members of my writing group.

lisa_london_ writes amazingly sweet (yet hot) contemporary romances, as well as a humourous pirate adventure romp with an iguana captain, and also GoT fanfiction about characters that the show forgot. Some suggested stories to try:
- Sweet Little Birds (bxb contemporary romance)
- Sweet Tea (mxf contemporary romance)

AzulMidnight writes in a few romance subgenres; she has both a fantasy romance with elves vs humans, and a contemporary romance featuring a Latinx heroine. She also has an amazing story on Kindle Vella (which I am proofreading... such hard work... cough cough... when's the rest of my smut coming, Azul?). Some stories to try:
- A Clash of Light and Thunder (fantasy romance)
- For the Love of the Game (contemporary romance)

emc_scribbles has the type of literary writing voice that makes the rest of us in the writing group weep with envy (and joy). Her most recent work is a Regency Romance meets Agatha Christie murder mystery that you should definitely check out! And don't forget her hauntingly beautiful fairytale-inspired story.
- Then Comes Murder (regency romance mystery)
- The Dreamweaver's Daughter (fairytale retelling)

spelunkadunk is an amazingly versatile writer, with her stories ranging from horror to fantasy, each with a fair dose of romance. Her fantasy series is wonderfully diverse and you can choose which type of story you prefer (or just devour them all!). The ONC story is a horror/dystopian/romance that hits all the right spots! Check out:
- Human Bait (mxm horror/dystopian/romance)
- The Claimed: A Clash of Copper and Gold (mxm romantic fantasy)

evacharya writes contemporary romance and women's fiction, and you could easily pick up any one of her books and be swept away into an amazing story. Some suggestions to try:
- for June (contemporary romance)
- Charming Mr Stewart (contemporary romance)

CMF_Wright has wonderfully funny and well-written stories that are well worth your time. There's the hilarious story of Death having come to earth to mope about after he's dumped and the poor woman who has to save us all (because his presence is causing some... eh... issues... Nothing too bad! Just... raining spiders and other such inconveniences). An epic fantasy series with a bookish heroine who is in for a lot more than she bargained for... I suggest you just go check out her stuff!
- The Rest is Riddles (fantasy)
- Eight Legs Too Many (paranormal)

There are many more stories and writers worth reading, both inside the writing group and outside but I will stop here for fear of spamming you. If you're interested in this type of thing, let me know, and I will start adding some suggestions at the end of each book.