Chapter 11: Sleep over

———————————Tim's POV:——————————

Saying I felt like crap would be an understatement. Of course the night after the party I just had to go out and get clobbered by a bunch of villains.

I'm not exactly sure how long I've been out all I know was that I was in tons of pain and that the pain killers weren't killing anything.

I kept my eyes closed, trying to get as much rest as I could before the others inevitably come in and start annoying me with their chatter. Though as I relaxed I realized that the dent next to me wasn't from my hand.

My curiosity took over so I opened my eyes and lifted my head ever so slightly. My eyes opened wide when I realized it was Percy, she was sleeping peacefully, her breathing was steady and almost rhythmic. Her hair draped down her shoulders, covering them like a sheet.

I wouldn't mind waking up to this face everyday.

I froze and I could feel my face warm up slightly. Now why did that thought have to show up. We're just friends nothing more nothing less. I would've slapped my face but I didn't exactly want to cause more pain then it was worth.

Instead I shoved those thoughts down and shut my eyes, trying to get that rest I had mentioned earlier. The only issue though was that my heart was beating a bit to fast.

I groaned and opened my eyes again, looking up to the ceiling in hopes that maybe I'll tire myself out through boredom.

I sat there for about 10 minutes before I felt a rustling next to me. I turned to look at Percy, only to make eye contact with her sea green eyes.

"Morning sleepyhead" she sounded tired, but her voice was still pretty upbeat.

I smiled "morning Percy."

She smiled back before turning to her side. I followed her gaze to see her looking at a coffee.

"I got you a drink though I don't know how long I've been here exactly" she sounded embarrassed as she started to scratch the back of her neck.

I couldn't stop the small amount of warmth that blossomed on my cheeks. "Oh, thanks" was all I could muster in return.

"Of course" she looked down for a second before looking at me again. " how'd you get hurt?"

I panicked a little bit because some small part of me wanted to tell her. "Oh, got into a bit of a fight, nothing much" I didn't exactly lie, it's just the fight was a wee bit bigger then I'm telling her it is.

She seemed to pause for a second before the smile returned and she nodded. "Well as long as you're getting better I guess it doesn't really matter."

I turned to the other side of my bed to look at my alarm clock. The time read 12 am.

"Oh shoot it's late" I said aloud. I looked back to see Percy looking at the same clock.

"Yeah I guess I better go." She started to stand up but I caught her hand.

"Actually...with it being so dangerous out there do you maybe...wanna stay? I mean it'd make me feel better if you did so" I gave her a small smile of reassurance.

Her posture seemed to relax a bit. "Sure, but only cause you asked." She added in the last part quickly.

She sat back down and laid her head in her arms. She slowly shut her eyes and I did the same as I drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

———————————Timeskip———————————

Percy's POV:

I admit I was very surprised when Tim asked me to stay last night. So when I woke up this morning I was more hesitant to try and leave.

I had woken up before Tim the next morning. I quickly looked over his sleeping figure and realized it was probably my time to leave. As I stood up though I got an idea. I looked to one of the three doors in the room and opened it hoping it was what I thought it was.

I was glad when it revealed itself to be a bathroom. I quickly walked back over to my empty coffee cup and brought it to the sink, filling it with water. I walked back over to Tim and sat back down. I gently stuck my hand in the cup, willing the water to surround my hand in a thin glove like structure. After it fully surrounded my hand I took my hand out and gently placed it on his chest. I willed the water to spread around him and started to heal his wounds.

I knew I couldn't heal them completely so I left him with wounds that would feel sore but he would be able to get up if he wanted.

After I was satisfied I got up, I felt a bit tired due to the fact that I haven't been using my powers often so I've fallen a bit out of touch.

I walked out his room quietly, making sure to close the door silently.

I made my way down the hallway, the darkness seemed to overpower the light. As I walked I saw someone coming my way. He was taller then Dick and his face seemed a lot more stern. The thing that really threw me off though was that in his hair was a prominent white streak. I didn't stop my wide eyes as I stared at it.

I knew I saw the guy at my apartment when they dropped off the cookie supplies but I never really noticed the hair.

Before I knew it we were passing each other, I also noticed him staring at my hair. This time as we passed I also got the sense of death from him, I'd learned the feeling from hanging out with Nico for so long. I tried not to pay it any mind though as I hurried away towards the exit.

I heard his footsteps stop but I continued on until I left the house.

Once outside I shoved my jacket on and started my way down the driveway. The cold wind blew through my hair, making me shiver as my ears were exposed to the outside. I quickened my pace before reaching the gate.

It was shut tight so I quickly looked around before scaling the gate and hopping over it. After that I made my way back home, the sounds of cars and screaming drunks filling my senses.

———————————————————————————

1092 words