Chapter 47: The cat's out of the bag, wait nope, he's back in

--------------------Percy's pov:---------------------

Everything felt strange, so weird that I couldn't really put the feeling into words. 

I stared at myself in the mirror, the dress Tim and I had bought looking just as great as the day we had bought, though I couldn't say the same for myself. I looked tired, no not tired, I looked defeated. In fairness I was defeated. Knowing I was going to be kidnapped was somehow worse then not knowing. The stress has been heavy on my shoulders all day and night. 

Leaving Estelle, Mom, and Paul was worse then I had expected, and keeping from crying was tough but I'd managed. At least the 7 were used to death, eventually they'd be able to smile and remenise about me like "Hey remember Percy, yeah her death was sad but now she's a true legend" Or something else. It would be harder on mom and Paul but I'm sure they would get over it. 

I quickly pushed my hair once more before I stepped out of the bathroom. Today was the day. I was determined to make it count. I looked over into the living room to see Tim patting down his suit. It fit perfectly, hugging his body yet managing to be loose. He had a blue tie that complimented his eyes in a stunning way. I must've been standing there for a while because he turned and spotted me. Immediately a small smile made it's way to his face. 

"You look amazing Percy" His voice was quiet but confident. I felt a small smile make it's way to my lips. 

"Thanks, you look quite amazing yourself" I mumbled though I knew he heard it. I walked forwards into the living room, and taking a deep breath I hooked my arm in his. "You ready?" He nodded, giving me a small nudge. 

"Don't look so scared, we've been to these before remember?" He said playfully but the reality of the situation still weighed heavily on me. I hid the worry though and nodded. 

"You're right" I nodded lightly as we both started to make our way to the exit. That was when I remembered. I stopped in place, startling Tim slightly. He looked back to me with confusion laced into his face. "I forgot something, I'll meet you out front okay?" I told him with a small smile. He nodded hesitantly before leaving the apartment. I turned back to the quite place that housed me for these past beautiful months. The light flooded the apartment in a stunning orange and if I didn't have things to do I'd turn now because this is the way I'd want to remember my place. 

I quickly set off towards my room. My room was colder then the hallway, it set an eerie tone but I pushed that aside as I leaned down and felt underneath my bed for the items I was looking for. In no time I found the object. I wrapped my fingers around the box as I pulled, with satisfying ease the box came sliding out. 

I felt bad that these items were stuffed in such a boring and unconventional box but I really didn't have much time to work with. I picked up the box and set it on my bed, setting it down gently before I pulled off the lid. Inside were some of my treasured items, as well as notes. If something were to happen to me then I'm sure the seven would want an explanation. I sighed as I looked over the box. Sadness filled my chest as I stared over the box. I felt tears prick the edges of my eyes as my throat started to close. 

It was hard not to think that maybe this was the mission I wouldn't come back from. The image of Tar- him filled my every thought lately and I admit, I was terrified. I didn't want to die a hero, gods I didn't even want to deal with monsters ever again. That's why I moved to this foul city. 

But it was all for nothing. No matter what I did, no matter how many wars I won, people I lost, gods, no matter the fact that I found someone. It didn't matter. I was always going to be forced into these dangerous situations, like a gods damn movie playing on repeat. But one day, one day that movie was gonna stop. The person watching would get bored and throw the movie to the side. The movie would end. I felt my hands shaking as my vision became clear again, a dark dot spreading on one of the notes.