Chapter 1

Heywood Manor,
Shrewsbury, England
County seat of Lord and Lady Willoughby

Some three years had gone by since the death of the nefarious Lord Pearson, which only was the result of an illicitly wicked scandal

However, every single last day of those last three years the widowed Lady Georgia Pearson couldn't bring herself to shed not one tear. Not even when her five-year-old daughter, Luella who was now old enough to inquire about such things as in the whereabouts of her father with inquisition. When her daughter was old enough, perhaps she would tell Luella the truth. She had thought to herself.

She had never been in love with Luella's father. Their marriage was completely arranged by her own father, Lue's Lue's grandfather, and when she had married Lord Pearson, the man was already in love with another man's betrothed. As soon as his lover and her betrothed married, he'd snapped. Leaving a wicked trail of death, hurt, and scandal in his demise. And a daughter and his now widowed wife.

Georgia had known all along her husband had loved another. She had never gotten her hopes up for such foolish connotations as falling in love shortly after marrying that man. He had never even kissed her. If he did, it was just a mere brushing of lips. She refused to believe a real kiss would ever feel that...sour. Which was the only word in her head to describe it.

The only way she had even conceived her daughter was when her husband would take her unwillingly from behind with brute forcefulness never bothering with the intimate ways of foreplay or taking any clothes off.

Or when she'd be nearly halfway asleep, and he'd crawl in bed from behind pulling her night gown just slightly above her hips so he could ease himself in. Her body would freeze all over at the uncomfortable, uninvited pleasure, and it was never a pleasure, never lasting over a few mere minutes at the least, and that was modest.

No, Lady Georgia Pearson had never experienced love., and she most certainly never experienced the urging desire to kiss a man and never stop that is until...

"Mama, look! Are aunt and uncle to have a neighbor? Look! Mama, who is that strange man he looks very scary and large. Look! I can see him from all the way over here!" Luella exclaimed with a charming English accent. Her tiny hand was raised up to her fair colored eyebrows covering her beady, blue eyes for shade.

She was  jumping up and down with all the giddiness of a small child. The only feature Luella resembled from her mother was her perfectly, rounded, button nose. She had light colored hair and eyes from her father's genes while her mother was precisely the opposite.

The day had been hot and smoldering after searching nearly all noon for exotic birds and different plants and insects in the gardens with Lue Lue. They would read about them for hours and then Georgia would have the house servants set up her drawing board and canvas as Lue pointed out all the exotic birds and whatever else have you. After a while, Georgia had been very wary of the heat, but her daughter persisted they'd continue on.