Chapter 15

Bridgewater House
Shrewsbury, England
Country seat of Lord and Lady Hackett

Georgia sat idly in the parlor of Bridgewater House awaiting her one and only truest friend, Lady Vivienne Hackett

Georgia sat idly in the parlor of Bridgewater House awaiting her one and only truest friend, Lady Vivienne Hackett. She was quite familiar with the dark wooden room and its overly rich and intimidatingly dark furniture, compliments of Lord Hackett, Vivienne's husband, as soft light shown through the lightly draped window panes and candlesticks burning softly nearby. She and Luella had been to Bridgewater on numerous occasions within the last year. Bridgewater House was on a presumably flat piece of land with many acres and a lake at least half a mile up ahead before you even noticed the estate. There was a stoney grey connecting bridge that crossed them over unto the actual estate lands.

Luella and Issac often played on the land and sometimes even got to go exploring down by the waters with a few nursery maids, although always sure to never let them too close to the edge, and actually Georgia thought that a play date for Luella would also be the perfect excuse to speak with her dearest friend. At the moment she had had more than one dire situation that she very well needed some kind of advice on. Especially after last night. Lord, her heart warmed burningly at the memory's sensations and her stomach clenched into a tight ball. Just thinking about it made her feel wantonly unreal.

Luella began to mumble something at the same time Vivienne, wearing a pretty, light green dress with floral lace walked through the threshold, bustling skirts and petticoats giving away her entrance. Georgia stood and bowed in her silk yellow dress with short ruffled sleeves and patches of lace rimming her bosom. A dark, brown, straw bonnet tied under her chin with a matching brown ribbon.

"Good Afternoon, Lady Hackett." Georgia and Luella both said in unison like how they had practiced for the titles of nobility.

"My, my what do we have here? Isaac?!" Vivienne seemed to call not caring that she was shouting a bit. "Come look at who the cat drug in." She finished saying mostly to Luella who in returned flashed her a toothless smile before surprise and happiness settled over her little expression. Luella hadn't seen a playmate in almost two fortnights too long. A few moments later a small person the size of a midget with short dark hair neatly cut into a bowl around his head popped into the parlor.

"Is that a new haircut I see?" Georgia couldn't help the question or the small smile stealing away on her expression. She had never seen Issac with a hair cut and had thought he looked absolutely adorably handsome and much like his father than ever. "He looks just like his father." Georgia whispered to Viv.

"It's my haircut isn't it mama? I hate the stupid haircut!" Isaac said before running out of the room completely with an arm covering his eyes. Georgia and Viv winced as soon as they heard him bump into something in the hall. With Isaac not making it far at all on his little escape, luckily there were already servants in the hall to help clean the mess and escort the boy elsewhere.