Chapter 11

"Lord Montrose, how very nice to meet you

"Lord Montrose, how very nice to meet you." Georgia said just blinking at the man. He was a handsome man but the harshness of his stubbled jawline and chin, which was a double chin protruding more than anything on his face at that, which sort of startled Georgia and started to make her feel uncomfortably nervous.

He had short, dark, tussled, curly hair and golden-brown eyes. The man had looked downright rough and vicious despite his clean, composed, and outward exquisite looking appearance. He took her hand with a firm grip and kissed Georgia's knuckles nearly cutting of her circulation. Her rapid blinking became the slightest glint of disinclination.

"A pleasure to meet you as well my Lady, I have never seen a woman more beautiful." Lord Montrose said as Georgia had to stop herself from cringing.

Cringing, she was actually cringing! Compliments weren't supposed to make you cringe. She frowned slightly looking up at him. She didn't know why she was somehow expecting Lord Montrose to create some earth shifting vibrations deep down in her chest but all she had felt was absolutely and purely...nothing. Which was probably why her mind raced back once more to Fran- she meant the duke.

Bloody Hell! That man and his name were seemingly becoming etched into Georgia's memory, subconscious, and everyday life. Although, she had hardly wanted to admit that much especially after that most precious kiss her and the duke had shared, it seemed only right. WRONG! Her chest was suddenly burning, and she bit her tongue from the nervous swirls of anticipations deep in her belly. Where was the duke anyways? That's more like it, Georgia thought as she felt suddenly cold. A familiar cold that she was becoming to know all too well.

When the Duke of Richmond finally arrived to the Cashwell's tea party, which was held late in the afternoon, but not yet evening as grey clouds were already seemingly gathering in the sky, but it seemed like mostly all the guests were already in attendance. Mr. and Mrs. Cashwell greeted His Grace at the door and ushered him to where the party would actually be held.

The courtyard, which was mostly decorated in its precisely cut, fine, green shrubbery, exotic flowers, and stone filled garden grounds. There was a waterfall fountain stationed in the center while most of the guest were dispersed unevenly, chatting, sipping fine wine and some were even dancing or sitting.

Fire lit candles were placed at the center of each table along with dark pink and orange tulips in vases tied with silky white ribbon and some lanterns were even hanging from above in small orbs illuminating the entire courtyard and all the guests in it. There were also teacups placed for each guest on each table as well, after all this was a tea party and the hosts definitely remained true to the lively generous occasion.

Pale, blue eyes scanned the intimate outside area surveying all the guest, but mostly searching for one certain guest in particular and that's when his eyes landed on a pink and white stripped evening gown and the woman seemingly in it, who looked beautifully displeased. He could only think of one reason in why that would be.