Chapter 20

Pearson's Hall
London, England

Pearson's Hall London, England

One month later...

Like in Shrewsbury and any other parts of England, when it rains it pours.

Georgia and Luella had only been in London for a little over a month. They were made comfortable with their lodgings at Pearson's Hall, which was famous for it's ever growing pear trees, but Georgia couldn't help but think back to those wild summer nights she spent in the duke's arms.

Oh, how she missed him. He had truly respected her wishes and he didn't come after her. What is was doing to her heart was torturous. Luckily, her good friend Lady Vivienne and Lord Hackett came to London with Isaac about a fortnight ago. They all had spent much time together since then, mostly indoors as the weather was already becoming ghastly cold.

Georgia stood staring at her deceased husband's portrait and nearly felt a shiver go down her spine when she heard someone's voice and footsteps echo from behind her.

"He was not the most gentlemanly of the lot, nevertheless he was still my son." Lady Edna, the mother of the late Lord Pearson's said with a vindictive tone. She was tough as nails on the outside and all sweet, soft, and buttery on the inside although she wore a deep, permanent scowl while her sharp blue eyes glistened like they were always filled with tears.

"No, your son surely was not an angel, but I still want you to know I did care for him as any wife should." Georgia said with her own hint of vindictiveness. Although, she meant no harm, but everything she said was all true.

While her husband was not the best of husbands Georgia was surely brought up be a countess at a young age. It came naturally to her hosting the dinner parties and maintaining the staff and home of an earl.

It wasn't until her wretched husband started stripping away those joys when Georgia became pregnant with his child. He hated the way she glowed with child and how all the other noble lords noticed. He could tell just by the way the other noblemen looked at her and confined her nearly alone for the rest of her pregnancy in the quietness of the countryside to have their son and heir.

And when Lord Walter Pearson got word that there was no heir, but instead a little girl, he left Georgia and the child in the countryside for almost two years before she came back to London and saw what treacherous affair her husband had been partaking in.

He was so in love with another woman that he let it ruin him and their good family name. The gossips that were spread amongst the ton that season were vile, cruel, and downright hurtful until Lady Willoughby saved her and for three years now she'd been saved over, but now she was back. Back to where it all started.

"Yes, well I'm sure that you were and please, I beg of you to hear me if nothing else I say gets to you child, don't let that stop you from being that same wife again to an even more deserving man." Edna placed two hands on Georgia's shoulders then huffed in satisfaction at her words of wisdom.