Epilouge

Granville Estate
Shrewsbury, England

The pitter patter of small feet ran through the second floor of the house

The pitter patter of small feet ran through the second floor of the house. Giggles and shrieks could be heard all the way from the morning room that Francis became quite fond of over the time that he and Georgia lived there.

The season had just ended for a brief recess and he found himself wanting to be back at Granville estate more than ever, especially after he sent his wife and children there one month ahead of him for the extensive journey.

It was another one of those scorching hot summers that he'd grown to appreciate in the years they spent there as well. The estate had been transforming to him. He fell in love with his wife on these very grounds and they spent every summer here with all of their children.

They spent many a summers making love all throughout the estate, on the grounds, and even in the small reverie that Georgia had found many years ago.

He smiled at the memory of those times before the children came.

"Francis, I've just received a letter from our dear friends Lord and Lady Hackett." Georgia told him eagerly as a smile spread wide across her face.

"And, how do they fare?" Francis asked lowering the latest newspaper he received from the London times. They were both still having breakfast together and he looked over at her and caught Georgia taking another sip of tea before she spoke again.

She was still beautiful as if it were the first day he were setting eyes upon her. Over the years they had been together she became evermore radiant. He could only fathom what could be the cause of that smiling a little to himself feeling entirely lucky for having made Georgia his wife.

"They've just had a little girl! Her name is Alice Rose." Georgia beamed excitedly. "Isaac will finally be an older brother. I'm quite happy for them."

"I feel quite the same, although it's quite unfortunate we are unable to go to them. I believe that the time for playing house calls has well and truly passed, my love." Francis said, his eyes sliding past Georgia's face to her overly rounded belly. It was nearly a month before she was due to give birth again, if the Duke's calculations had been right, and her roundness quite confirmed his speculations.

Just then Georgia began to rub her belly lovingly before the morning room door swung wide open and two small children around the same height came running through the room both shouting for their mama and their papa.

Francis smiled taking the boys into his arms. He sat them both on each of his legs and watched their little grubby fingers begin to pick with the left over food that was on his plate.

The twins, Oscar and Earnest were now well in their second year, and were born the same year Georgia and Francis had married. Their next child was soon to be born any day now. Francis couldn't contain the happiness that cocooned him.