Chapter 4

Heywood Manor
Shrewsbury, England
Willoughby's Drawing Room

The next day after the conversation Georgia had with her precious Lady Aunt about possible prospects of marriage the previous afternoon was still fresh on her mind as if she had never even been to sleep at all

The next day after the conversation Georgia had with her precious Lady Aunt about possible prospects of marriage the previous afternoon was still fresh on her mind as if she had never even been to sleep at all. Anyhow, how can one sleep after finding out after four years of being married to a man who was an absolute monstrous brute, to whom was also in love with another woman, and now she must go and easily marry another? Would it really be that easy? Georgia had thought to herself.

Georgia knew she had to shake how ridiculously opposed she had felt about taking another husband, but a husband and a father for her child was ultimately what she and Luella had needed. Maybe her next husband might be a true husband. One that would love and adore her and her child unconditionally so.

She didn't feel like that idea was silly. She had hope that someday a man out there would love her so, make love to her, and kiss and yearn for her touch like she had read in her vast collection of romance novels which were intriguingly her favorite genre. She had loved the idea of love, even if it did not love the idea of her.

So, when she had awoken the next morning even though she was seemingly already awake she couldn't help but to feel a new air about her step. Soon, very soon, she and Lue's life would be changing in more ways than just making it to the altar. All she wanted was for her daughter to grow up surrounded by a mother and father that loves her so. Was that so silly? Would there ever be any man able and willing to fill those shoes?

After Georgia began her usual morning routine, she for some reason felt the urge to take extra time, care, and consideration to how she bathed herself and washed her hair, then her lady's maid, Susan helped her dress into a creme colored day dress with a lovely floral pattern sewn throughout the cotton material with severed sleeves and small pleated ruffles at the elbows. Susan braided Georgia's hair and pinned it neatly into a severe bun at the nap of her neck. Susan even insisted some rouge for Georgia's complexion, especially after nearly spending half the summer scorched by the sun with Luella in the gardens, and usually Georgia would protest by all means, but today she felt most amenable.

She stepped inside the nursery to retrieve Luella for breakfast to find her daughter already dressed in a beautiful white tulle gown with bright pink flowers and ribbon fastened at the bodice and hem with a white lace trimmed bonnet placed neatly on top of her golden-brown streaked curls. Luella was on her knees praying silently to herself with her little eyes closed. Georgia crept in the room quietly and kneeled beside her daughter.

"Mama!" Luella beamed opening her bright innocent blue eyes.

"What were you praying for my sweet girl?" Luella gave her mother a very clouded look. Georgia cupped Luella's cheek with her hand. Georgia gave her daughter a worrisome expression. "What is it, Lue?"