Chapter 21

-"Lily...?"

I opened my eyes to a blurry image rushing towards me.

-"Lily! What did he do to you!"

-"Who ..."

The nickname was familiar to me but i couldn't distinguish her face.

-"It's gonna be okay, don't cry." Said the voice picking me up.

She's struggling to keep me in her arms...
She's weak and afraid...

The door opened as she brought me inside a building. She put me down on a couch as she crouched next to me. A stranger talked to her as she came back to me.

-"Hey, you need to stay awake!" She said caressing my cheek.

-"But I'm so tired..."

-"Lily, you need to stay with me okay? Let's sing, okay?

I hope to be your eyes... And lead us where we go... And help you to be wise... In times when you don't know... Let this be our song, when we lose our way...." She gently smiled at me as a tear rolled down her cheek.

She's ... Crying?

-"You're very brave and strong Lily... I know you'll be okay. I hope you know how much you mean to me ..." She said kissing my face before getting up and turning her back to me.

Where are you going ... No ... Come back!

WHY ARE YOU LEAVING ME ?!

I gasped as i sat up in my bed hyperventilating. Her words were resonating in my head.

-"Achlys ...?"

Jinx's voice brought me back to reality as I saw her looking concerned at me.

-"Are you okay?" She asked softly.

-"Yeah ... Yeah. I'm ... Fine. It's nothing, i had a nightmare." I said looking down as I leaned against the wall.

She sat up and placed herself next to me as she hugged her knees.

-"I get them too... The memories of that night... They haunt me." She whispered.

I looked at her as she dropped her head on my shoulder.

"You can talk to me if you want to..." She said looking up at me from my shoulder.

I chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"There's nothing to talk about. It's just a nightmare... Don't worry about it." I said caressing her cheek gently.

She softly pecked a kiss on my lips.

"Okay... Can you lay back down then?"

I smiled at her and Kissed her nose.

"Sure."

We laid back down in bed together. Our fingers intertwined as her eyes slowly closed.

"Goodnight jinx."

I looked up at the ceiling as jinx was sleeping on my chest. My hands caressed her head softly when she rolled over. I looked at her a bit surprised but chuckled as she kicked the covers out of the bed.

"Looks like you were too hot."

I stopped myself as i had picked the covers back up.

"Well she is always hot." I whispered looking back at her sleeping in the weirdest position i had ever seen. I sighed and chuckled before putting the covers next to her.

"I'm gonna get some air." I said kissing her temple before getting dressed and leaving.

The wind blew gently against my face as i took a deep breath in. I climbed up on rooftops, walked a bit and stopped at the edge. I laid down with my head dangling off the edge.

Flashback:

"Lily!"

I closed my eyes as her voice resonated in my head.

"I can't even remember your face..."

"Whoa you forgetting me that fast?"

I opened my eyes back up to find Ekko on his board in front of me.

"It's past your bedtime Ekko."