Chapter 17

I wake up on Saturday morning with my glorious fiancé wrapped in my arms. I had always thought she would be the big spoon, since she still has the height on me, but for whatever reason she prefers to be the little spoon. Half the time I feel like she is giving me a piggyback ride while I hold her, but if it means that her perfect posterior is pressed back into me every night, then who am I to complain? As I lay there in the early morning light, I gazed over her body, sliding my left hand down to her so lightly intertwine my fingers with hers.

At that moment I realized that I was a complete and total idiot.

We picked up the resized rings yesterday and never put on the engagement rings!

Now I really want to see it on her finger, and never have it taken off!

Sam is still sleeping peacefully next to me, so I'm stuck stewing in my own thoughts while mentally kicking myself over the situation. The worst thing was, we both tried on both the engagement rings and the wedding bands when we picked them up to make sure they fit right, and then absentmindedly put them right back in their boxes to take them home. There was no reason we couldn't have put the bands away and kept the engagement rings on though. She already said yes!

But this does give me a chance to ask her again. With a ring, on my knee being all romantic. But where? How? It was too early in the morning to think about all of this, but I did have the beginning of a silly idea. An idea that needed my phone, but I was trapped by the sleeping Goddess in my arms, and I wasn't going to disturb her slumber. It was a long shot anyway, but I was going to try.

Fortunately, the scent of bacon began wafting through the house, and I knew that Sam would wake up soon. Nobody can resist bacon! Sure enough, within minutes Sam's stomach was growling, and I knew it wouldn't be long before that woke the rest of her up, which had quickly become one of my favorite things in the world.

She started to murmur lightly, gently rolling onto her back while still in my embrace, and then lifting her hands over her head to stretch while giving a cute yawn. The stretch caused the tee shirt she was wearing to ride up, offering a glimpse of the cute purple panties she had worn to bed as well as making her glorious breasts strain against the fabric. Had we been alone in the house right now, I'd have already pounced. I love her waking up routine!

When her eyelids finally fluttered open, she gazed at me with her deep brown eyes and then smiled cutely. "Damn, every time I wake up, you're staring at me like you're ready to eat me for breakfast!"

I could only nod, as she wasn't wrong. "Sammy, it isn't my fault you look do damned good when you wake up!"

She blushed while pushing my shoulder away. "You're such a perv!"

"I'm the perv? I'm sorry, who wrote the scene in her short story about us on the golf course?" I asked while pretending to scold her.

"What? You should have been happy! You got a hole in one!" she giggled as I tickled her in response to that horrible joke.

Leaning down I whispered into her ear. "Sammy, when you wrote that, I'm pretty sure I remember there being three fingers in the hole, not one."

"Oh my God! You did not just say that!" She groaned while her face quickly turned a deep crimson.

"Your words my dear! I'm just repeating them!"

"You're just lucky I love you and will forgive that naughtiness!" she huffed with a grin.

"I am the lucky one, you're right. Now, come on! That bacon will be gone quick if we don't get some!" I commanded while grabbing her butt.

She squealed once and then hopped out of bed. We both threw on some sweatpants and then headed out to the kitchen where Steven was making a bunch of French toast while mom was finishing up the bacon as they joked together. I really like Steven for my mom. I barely remember my father, since I was so young when he and my grandparents died, but Steven has been so sweet to my mother and makes her so happy that I'd be fine if he became my stepdad. Besides, he kicked ass when it came to arresting Dave, so he got a lot of gold stars for that.