I'm Done| 02

I can do all things through Christ
which strengthens me
~ Philippians 4:13

Leaning over the counter with her eyes staring out the window, Clover had blocked everyone out around her and instead had focused her mind on the opportunity presented to her today

Leaning over the counter with her eyes staring out the window, Clover had blocked everyone out around her and instead had focused her mind on the opportunity presented to her today. Professor Jones had given her the opportunity to write a personal piece on anyone around her for a cash prize and a shot at earning a spot at one of the top journalism companies in Atlanta. Of course Clover had accepted the offer but there was one thing holding her back. Finding out who to write something intimate about. With Enya already being open with the life she lived, Clover wanted someone who was laid back and behind the scenes. Someone who didn't show their life to the world.

Hearing the door chime open, she quickly perked up. "Welcome to Majestic Diner, can I help you?" Clover questioned. When her eyes looked up, they settled on Glock who stood there looking at her with a look of amazement spread across his face.

"Clover right?" He questioned. "Enya's sister?"

Clover nodded her head. "That's me. What can I get you today though?"

Glock just nodded his head seeing that she was being dismissive. He was never one to try to continue to press a conversation when someone didn't want to talk. Glock had thought that her quiet persona last night was all an act but now he seen that she was truly a naturally quiet and distant person.

"Let me get the number 6. Well done with the chili cheese fries and a cookies and cream milkshake." Glock ordered. "Also let get a number 1."

"Hungry are you?" Clover chuckled as she typed everything into her computer. "Will you be dining in or taking out? We close in an hour also."

Glock laughed. "All I need is 30 minutes to down my food so I'll be dining in."

"Great. Your total will be 16.87. Card or cash?" She questioned.

Glock pulled out a $20 bill and handed it over to her. "Keep the change."

Clover didn't respond but instead pulled his ticket off and dropped it into the bin. She watched as Glock walked away and slid into the booth in the corner before trailing her eyes outside. Seeing Rock's car in the sitting in the parking lot, Clover felt her whole body tense up. What was he doing here? Was he here to dog her out again?

Deciding she didn't want to cause a scene inside of her job, Clover headed around the counter and outside to where he stood leaned against his car with his blunt. He was dressed in a simple sweatsuit and Clover could clearly see that he had his gun tucked into the waistband of his pants making her frown. Him carrying always scared her because there was one point in time when he threatened to kill her while he had the barrel of the gun pointed between her eyes. That night Clover found herself pleading with a drunken Rock to let her go.

"You can't just show up at my job." Clover spoke.

Rock eyes trailed over to her. "I'm sorry Clove." He frowned. "I was drunk and not in my right mind. You know I didn't never mean the shit I say. Ever."