I wish things were different| 24

Sometimes shit' don't work out the way we want it to and we have to adjust. Plenty of shit done broke my heart but losing two girls I loved the most tore me apart. Shit is fucked up but I been adjusting. I been burying my feelings and drowning myself in business. You know the norm'. Not everything in life going to be peaches and cream. Sometimes it's gone be a whole bunch of yelling and thug tears. That's the real.
~ Gianni Roberts

Sitting back, Glock drowned the voice of his mother out while he sat there in thought

Sitting back, Glock drowned the voice of his mother out while he sat there in thought. These days he didn't care to much for conversation or being around people. Distance was his new normal along with throwing himself into work. From rebuilding the center up to opening his label, Glock made sure he never had free time to sit and think of feel his emotions clearly.

Hearing his mother call his name, Glock snapped out of his thoughts. "Whatchu' say mama?" He questioned. "My fault, I wasn't listening."

Carla sighed. "What is going on with you Gianni? Ever since you got here you've been staring off into space?" She frowned. "Are you okay? Is something wrong with Kayden?"

Glock shook his head. "Naw."

"So what is it?" Carla asked. "I know you're use to shutting down with everyone else but you're not about to do that with me."

Glock looked up at his mother. "I just realized how much I fucked up. Excuse my language but I'm not happy. I'm miserable in all honesty and I'm tired of acting like I'm okay when I'm reality I'm losing my mind mama." He frowned. "Shit' wasn't supposed to be like this. I was supposed to be engaged to my baby with a baby on the way. Not sitting here wishing shit would've been different."

"So why did you break up with Clover if you were going to regret it?" Carla questioned. "It's been 2 years Gianni. Why haven't you reached out to let her know the truth?"

Glock sighed and rubbed his hands down his face. "Because she don't want nothing to do with me. She made that clear when I said we needed a break that night." He shrugged. "I hurt her mama. How am I supposed to come back from that when I promised I wouldn't hurt her? That's some shit she ain't gone forgive."

After seeing Clover's performance at rolling loud, she'd been heavy on his mind more than usual. Everyday since breaking up Glock found himself thinking about her. Wondering if she missed him. Wondering if she still loved him. He was lost without her. Clover wasn't just his girlfriend but she was also his best friend and comfort space. She was the woman he knew he could be his real self around without being judged. Clover was his home.

Carla reached out and grabbed Glock's hand. "Instead of telling her the truth that night, you made up a lie. A lie that you spent weeks coming up with in order to make it believable." She started. "While you were making up that lie, you could've been thinking of ways to tell her that you had a newborn Gianni. I'm sure that sweet girl would've understood more than you telling her you still had feelings for that damn Ariel." Carla frowned. "I talk to Clover here and there and it hurts me knowing that I know the truth and can't tell her due to my loyalty to you. Yes, a baby would've been a big thing to adjust to but honey you didn't know about the child either. The baby was already born by the time you found out. I'm sure she would've understood that son."