Part 3

The next day was gym class. Everyone hated  gym class. What made it worse was that it was really really hot. One of the hottest days of the year. Lia even wore her shoes without her socks, that's just how hot it was.

"C'mon guys! Show some enthusiasm!" Mrs Lee, the gym teacher, shouted. "It's the first class of the day and you're all already tired!"

The class started warming up by running around.

"I'm sorry I'm late Mrs Lee."

The whole class looked over at the late girl. It was Ryujin.

"It's okay Ryujin, start warming up."

Lia POV

Ryujin was late to gym class, well she was always late. Wait a minute, it's really boiling outside and here's Ryujin wearing full pants and a jacket? Does she not feel the heat? She must be out of her mind!

"Guys, I want you in pairs!" Mrs Lee shouted again.

Yuna and Yeji paired up and I would pair up with Chaeryoung but she had a letter signed by her father saying she won't do gym today. I searched for someone available and noticed that Ryujin didn't have a partner. I walked up to her, slowly. I had a feeling Ryujin wasn't so comfortable around me.

"Hi Ryujin, it's me again." I laughed awkwardly.
"Oh, hi, Lia."
"Do you want to be a pair?" I asked as I pointed at the teacher.
"You probably don't want to work with me." Ryujin stated.
"That's not true, I would love to work with you." I said as I tried to get a good look at Ryujin's face. Her face was hidden with her hair so you could barely see anything.
"Okay then."
"It's also really hot, why don't you take your jacket off? You'll feel better."
"No it's okay, I want to wear it, thanks."
"If you say so."

Ryujin didn't talk much, she said 'okay' or 'thank you', nothing else. She always kept herself away from the gym equipments and appeared to be really fragile.

After class, we went to the changing rooms to wear our regular uniform. Ryujin stood at the end of the changing room, far from all the other girls. Yeji and Yuna weren't paying attention and were talking with the other girls. I was the only one that noticed Ryujin alone. She took her jacket off and then I realised why she didn't want to take it off before.

I couldn't believe me eyes.

Ryujin had wounds bruises all over her arms.

My heart ached a bit when I saw her like that. It looked like someone slapped her with a belt everywhere. She quickly put her shirt on, covering her wounds and bruises. I looked away, hoping she didn't notice me staring at her. I wanted to ask her what happened but I was afraid she would completely ignore me or worse, completely hate me.

Back in form class, Mr Kim wanted us to introduce ourselves. Like tell everyone our favourite hobby, what we want to do in the future etc.

When it was Ryujin's turn, she stood up and bowed.

"Sorry Sir, I'd rather not speak." She said softly.

"Why not, tell everyone what you like. It's okay, don't rush."

"Ok, then, I like drawing. That's about it."

"Well, I'm sure you're good at it and I'm sure your parents are proud of it too. You can take a seat now."

When the teacher said 'parents', she looked disturbed.

Does she have family issues?