Part 12

Still Lia POV

I sat next to Ryujin and held her hand. Why did I do that? Oh well, she didn't seem to mind.

"So what's going to happen?" She asked me.
"Just give it a few more seconds."

I was right. Within 10 seconds, the light dimmed and the fireworks were played. They were colourful and spelled out 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYU'

She looked at me in complete awe.

"Lia I-"
"Happy Birthday, Ryu." I smiled and followed with a short hug. "I hoped you liked it."

"Are you kidding me, I loved it!"
"I love seeing you so happy."
She just laughed and I realised whatever I just said was creepy. We walked back home, this time we did go back home, no more surprises for the night.

"Okay, then good night Ryu! See you tomorrow! Sleep well."
"Thank you for making this the best birthday every Lia." She bowed.
I hugged her for a few seconds and made my inside my house. What a satisfying day.

Back to 3rd person

Lia and Ryujin plopped onto their beds. They were tired but were really happy. It had been a great day. They stared at their ceilings and decided:

I really love Lia

I really love Ryujin

But there's no way I could tell her though

So they planned on not telling each other.

Ryujin was about to sleep peacefully until she remembered something. Something she wish wouldn't happen. Her parents were coming tomorrow. Early morning. She hid the beautiful necklace Lia got her in a place she knew her mother wouldn't check. Her school bag. Her mother couldn't care less about how she or what she did at school. Her peaceful night suddenly became a disturbed night.

At around 4 AM, she heard a knock on her door. She quickly went back to her sad, miserable life. She opened the door carefully and bowed to her mother.

"Hello mom." She said softly.
"Oh look it's the little rat, what have you been up to." Her mother said as she shoved Ryujin out of the way.
"Nothing really, I've just been going to school and reflecting on what I can do to become a better daughter." That's the answer Ryujin's mother always wanted to hear.
"Good good, you're learning." She pulled out her belt. "Did you miss this?"
"Are you going to hit." Ryujin said that as a statement.
"Yes, I am."
"Did I do something wrong."
"Yes."
"I'm sorry, what can I do to fix it."
"You can kill yourself."
Ryujin looked up at her mother who was smirking. She breathed loudly and felt dizzy. Her mother hit her with the belt. Not once, not twice, not even thrice but twelve times. Ryujin fell to the ground, feeling very dizzy and sick. Her mother snickered and said, "Pathetic, anyway, me and my boyfriend are moving house. You'll be living on your own but I'll visit you time to time for the usual beating. Bye." She left leaving her daughter in a pile of blood.

Ryujin felt like she was on the verge of dying. She couldn't feel her legs, arms or head. She was covered in her own blood. Her bruises, wounds and tears came back. She felt her face puff up and her eyes swell. She couldn't get up. She felt like she was going to die. She lost so much blood.
"Lia!" She cried out softly hoping she would hear her but she wasn't loud enough. She decided that that was the end. End of everything.

It was around 4:38 AM now and Lia woke up from her itchy throat. She needed to drink water. She noticed that the lights to Ryujin's bedroom were switched on through her window. She drank her water and walked out to Ryujin's front door. There was no car around, maybe Ryujin just wanted to take something or whatever. But she didn't feel right. She opened the door, it was unlocked. She open the door carefully and to her horror, she saw Ryujin crying, covered in her blood. Ryujin was trying to get up but she couldn't. Lia immediately rushed to her, helping her up. Ryujin was shocked that Lia came.

"Ryujin, what happened. Why are you covered in blood, did she come again, was it her?" Lia couldn't stop crying.
"Everything is a blur, but she came."
"Why did she even have to come back."
"I guess to say hi." Ryujin's voice lacked emotion.
"I'm going to kill that woman. She can't hit you like this all the time."
"Lia, what can we do."
"I'm going to file a complaint."
"She ran away, I don't know when she'll come back and I don't know where she is."
"Well, first let me clean you up." Lia sounded defeated. She picked Ryujin up carefully and placed her on the couch.

"I hate myself."

Lia looked at Ryujin, with still having tears in her eyes.

"Please Ryujin, don't say that. Please."

"Even my mother asked me to go kill myself."

"Your mother is a terrible person."

"She's got a point though, I should just go kill myself."

"Please don't say those words. You're more special than you think Ryujin."

"Is that so then, take a look at me Lia. I'm literally on the verge of dying. If my mother hit me one more time, I would have definitely died. And what special do you mean? I can't name a single person who loves me or cares for me or anything! I don't have any friends or family, I'm useless, I'm a waste of space. Why would someone want to be with me?"

"That's not true Ryu..." Lia was shocked by Ryujin's sudden outburst but she understood.

"It is Lia." She calmed down.

"I love you, I care for you, I will always be by your side. I want to be with you. I won't ever leave you, I'll always be your friend, you can always count on my family to be there for you. You're not a waste of space, you're a blessing. You mean so much to me, you're really special to me. Ryujin."

Ryujin calmed down again. She looked at Lia and stared at her.

"I'm so sorry for getting angry like that. I shouted at you, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

"It's okay Ryujin, I understand and it's completely fine. Just promise me you'll stay?"

"I'll stay." Ryujin promised.

"Thank you Lia."

————————
Okay this was a little longer but um how are you enjoying the story? Is it a bit boring or lame or something?