Part 7

Ryujin POV

I woke up, suddenly forgetting everything that happened last night. Everything felt like a blur. I woke up realizing I was in Lia's bedroom and that I spent the night at her house. It was seven in the morning, Saturday, and there was no Lia sleeping next to me. I looked over to my house and saw that my mother and her boyfriend already left. There was no car. I made my downstairs hoping to find Lia.

"You're awake! Just in time, sit down." Lia greeted me happily.
"What's this?"
"I wasn't sure what you liked eating so I kinda made a lot of food, whoops."
"You made ALL this food for me?"
"Yes."
"I don't know what to say, thank you Lia."
"No problem, let's eat!"

Lia's cooking was amazing. Everything tasted so delicious and I found myself eating a lot. She smiled at me and really melt my heart. How could someone be so nice to someone like me?

"Lia, why are you helping me though?"
"Because I want to and you deserve better Ryujin."
"But I'm just a nobody and I'm always so weak and useless."
"Don't ever say that, you might not realise, but you are a somebody to me."
"I really appreciate that."
"Is it okay if I ask you about your family?"
I nodded, "It's okay."
"Why is your mother like that."
"Well you see, when I was about four, my father was a really bad alcoholic and always abused my mother and I. Well he didn't actually abuse me mother, he just shouted at her time to time and he used to throw empty glass bottles at me."
"Oh my God, empty glass bottles at a four year old?" She was shocked.
"Yeah, I know, really messed up. I think it was a year after if I'm not mistaken, yeah a year after, my father got into a car crash and my mother became a mess. She loved my father and thought he died because of me. So she got herself a boyfriend a few months after his death and started abusing me ever since."
"That is so wrong, I can't believe you've had to suffer like that. I'm really proud of you still standing strong."
"I'm not so strong though." I started crying a bit.
"What do you mean?"
"I tried giving up many times but I failed."
"Please, whenever you need to cry, or talk or rant about something that's bothering you, please, you can come to me Ryujin."
"I wouldn't want to waste your time Lia."
"I want to help you."
"Okay, thank you."

I finished eating breakfast and took a shower. Lia helped me clean up my cuts and whatnot and I kept on thanking her.

"Maybe I should get going?"
"You're welcome to stay for longer if you want. You're always welcome here."
"Thank you Lia but you've already done so much. I have to get my things together too."
"Okay then, bye Ryujin!"

She gave me hug. The warmest hug I ever got and I cried into her shoulder. She comforted me and went back 'home'.

To my relief, my mother was only bluffing about adding security cameras. She was probably to lazy anyway. I lay down on my bed and saw Lia sitting next to her window. She didn't notice I was staring at her because my curtains covered it up a bit. She was reading some textbook and looked so elegant while doing so. I've only knew Lia for a few days but she already brightened up my life, just by her presence. I feel like I can be free whenever I'm around her. I think she understands me even though she hasn't actually gone through it.

Lia POV

I saw Ryujin staring at me from the corner of my eye and she looked so adorable while doing so. I turned around, only to find her eyes grow wide open. She was completely flustered. I laughed at her and she covered her face. With her smile and the beautiful morning sun, she looked really beautiful. Her face was so pretty and her short hair complimented her well. I genuinely felt like helping Ryujin out.

I opened my window and said,

"Enjoying the view from your bedroom, are you Ryujin?" I teased her.
"No no, I- was- was just- I just happened to be looking at you at that time!"
"Oh really?" I teased her again.
"Yah! Lia!" She was completely embarrassed.
"It's okay, I understand, I'm so pretty." I flicked my hair and laughed it off.
"You are." She said it so sincerely.
"You know you're pretty too right."
"If you say so."
"Your smile makes you look adorable. You should smile more often."
"I don't have many things to smile about."
"Then, I'll make sure you're happy whenever you're around me!"
"Thanks Lia." She laughed.