Part 20: Thank You

Lia POV

"RYUJIN! IM GOING TO BURN THE HOUSE DOWN!" I screamed as I tried to turn the stove off. This is was weird for me as I was always the better cook and the careful one.

"LIA MOVE AWAY! DON'T TOUCH THAT THING." Ryujin tried moving my arm away while sacrificing her own. Her arm got a little burn but she said it was fine as she laughed it off.

"Wait! But your arm got hurt!"
"It's okay! It's nothing!" Ryujin smiled brightly.
"I'm sorry Ryu for this mess, what happened to me?"
"It's okay, mistakes can happen, even to pros."
"Well, I'll try to make something again, what do you want to eat?"
"Anything will do as long as you make it!" Ryujin was always so cute.

She and I both cleared up the area and I cooked some omelette rice. This time properly. It tasted good, well, that's what Ryujin said. She loved anything I made.

It's been years.

Years since all our problems went away.

Years since Ryujin's family stopped being an issue.

We're happy together. We moved in together and we can both say that was one of the best decisions we ever made. Living together was a dream.

I think I can safely say that life's turning out well. I have my parents, I have my closest friends and I have Ryujin. What more could I ever ask for?

So it's been years. It's been about five years. Already. We've progressed a lot but still have stayed true to ourself. I've even thought of proposing to her but maybe now's not the right time?

Ryujin POV

Lia and I have come so far. So far that I can say I'm proud of us. I never knew life could feel so free, so fun so... sincere. That's all thanks to Lia.

A few years ago, my mother passed away in a car accident. That was probably one of the best day's of my life. Life is great now.

So many things are happening at the same time. Lia and I just got our dream jobs, we just bought a house together, Lia kind of almost burnt the house down today, it's amazing! I also want to ask her a question but I'm afraid it's not the right time.

"Lia."
"Yeah?"
"Um, will you-"
"I will." She smiled.
"But I didn't finish?"
"I was just kidding, what is it?"
"Will you marry me? I know I don't have a ring or anything but I love you and I think we can do this."
"Of course we can, I was actually going to ask you a bit later but now that you've said it."

She took out two rings

"Oh, I ruined your surprise."
"No you didn't, you made it better!" She smiled and hugged me really tightly.

"Lia?"

"Yeah?"

"Um, will you-"

"I can't marry you twice Ryu."

"Wait, yes I know, I was going to say something else."

"I was just kidding Ryu." She teased me.

"Will you always stay by my side?"

"Always. Forever."

"Thank you."

"I love you Ryujin."

"I love you more Lia."

"I know."

"One last thing."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you so much Lia."

"Why?"

"Thank you for changing my life."

OKAYY 3RD JINLIA FF FINISHED. I DELAYED THIS A BIT, IM SORRY ABOUT THAT BUT HOPE YOU LIKED IT! DO YOU WANT ANOTHER FF OR ONESHOTS FOR JINLIA OR ANOTHER SHIP?