CHAPTER 9

Saturday, 12pm

Peter
Guys I'm BORED :(

Mr. Stalker
Shouldn't you be outside and play with your friends or whatever the kids do these days?

Peter
Well I would be *if* I had friends -_-

Mr. Stalker
Oh come on, who wouldn't want to be friends with a cool and smart kid like you?

Peter
Uh
Normal people?

Ms. Nat
Guess we aren't normal then :)

Mr. Stalker
Agreed :)

Peter
:)

*Peter changed the group name to Friends? :0*

Peter
Also
Because I'm still bored
Does anybody have any ideas on what I could do? :)

Ms. Nat
We could play Minecraft again :)

Peter
YES

Mr. Winter Plums
I'm in

Hawk-guy
Can I play with you guys too?
I'm also bored :(

Peter
Definitely
More players = more fun

—after a 5 hour session of explaining and playing minecraft—

Peter decided to check his emails for a reply on the Stark Industries internship. As expected, there was nothing. He was probably too young for an internship, even though an age restriction wasnt mentioned at all.

But, for now he had different problems. One of the many was called hunger. Next to paying the rent, it was probably the biggest one. Peter knew exactly that he had to eat more, but he needed the small amount of money he had for paying the rent, if he didnt want to end up on the streets.

He could ask the owner of the coffee shop he worked at for more hours, so he could make more money. If that worked, his life would get a bit more stressed, with all the spider-manning, school and work. But what wouldnt you do to have a roof over your head and at least a little bit of food in your stomach?

With that in his mind, the boy started writing an email to his boss. Just as he was half-way done, a notification of a new email distracted him. He quickly saved what he had written so far and then clicked on the new email. It was from Stark Industries, probably them telling him that he didnt get the job. Still, he read through the whole text. There wasnt much to read, it was short and brought on the point.

Peter had to re-read the email over and over again, until his brain finally managed to process what it said. It actually said they accepted his application! The information told him that hed start on monday, about an hour after school ended and then would work till 6pm. That meant he would have enough time between school and the internship to get himself a sandwich, get on the subway and get to Stark Industries. After the internship he would have some time for his homework before he had to go on patrol.

But what about his job at the coffee shop? He hadnt thought about that. Peter just hoped he could still work there when he had time, such as on the weekend. Maybe, just maybe, if the internship paid enough (if it paid at all), he could quit his little job.

At that moment, he was just happy he got accepted. After a couple of minutes of dancing a little happy dance, the boy sat back at his laptop and rewrote the email he started earlier, asking his boss if they could arrange it so that he could work on the weekends instead of the weekdays. He was positive that the boss would let him do that, as they were always very nice and friendly to their workers and customers.

After sending the email, Peter finally got out his homework and started working on it. It still was quite a lot, but most of it was very easy, so he was done after an hour and a half.

—meanwhile with the Avengers—

"You all are probably wondering why I called you today," Fury started talking before he got interrupted.

"No shit Sherlock," Tony said, rolling his eyes. Fury decided to ignore him.

"Anyways, I assume you all know Spiderman, or have at least heard of him. Sure, hes often seen helping other people, but we dont know what his real intentions are. And thats your mission. Find Spiderman and bring him here. Any questions? No? Then you can go now."

With that said, Fury left the meeting room. Not even a second later, Natasha sprung up and ran after the director of SHIELD. The others just looked after her, but didnt say anything.

"Alright then, Ill let FRIDAY search for footage of that Spiderman and the next time he shows up anywhere, well be alerted and can go right after him." Tony was already half out of the room when he finished his sentence.

Now Clint also stood up and walked out of the room, the others following his example shortly after.

—later—

Message from Natasha:
Bucky, I have to talk to you. Please come to my room. Thank you.

Bucky looked at the message confused, having no idea what his friend was talking about, but he still did what she told him. He really wasn't in the mood for an angry Black Widow. Bucky knew how scary Nat can get when she's angry.

"I see you received my message."

"Seems like it," Bucky responded.

"It does. Anyways, I've got a question for you. What do you think about our newest mission?" Black Widow asked the man, staring at him as if she was reading his mind. Maybe she was. Nobody knows.

"Uh Well," Bucky started while looking at her confused.

"Be honest. I've seen your face when Fury told us about the mission," Natasha interrupted him.

"Alright, alright. I don't have anything against the mission itself, I just have a feeling that the others will do everything to get Spiderman to Fury, even if they have to fight or kidnap him. I honestly don't really want to hurt anybody and I'd rather, you know, try to be calm and friendly." Bucky finished and looked at Natasha worriedly, as if he said something wrong and she'd kill him for that. In response she just stared into his eyes and didn't look away.

They both kept staring at each other and Bucky was slightly getting worried, until Natasha finally broke eye contact and smiled.

"I like your opinion, and to be honest, mine is very similar to yours. Ive talked to Fury about the mission, and he allowed me to do it my way, as long as somebody completed the mission successfully. He also allowed me to ask you if you want to help me, and told me to keep it a secret from the others, as they dont have to know everything. So, are you in?" she asked him and raised one eyebrow, still smiling.

Bucky thought about it. He didnt want to turn Natasha down, but he also didnt want to keep a secret from the others. But the girl probably had a much better plan than the others.
"You can count on me, as long as you tell me the plan," Bucky told his friend and also started smiling.

"Fantastic. About the plan, I have a rough idea that Ive already told Fury. Im not sure if that will even work. The only thing that Im completely sure about is that well need time. Depending on what the others will do, we might even need a lot of time..."

[A/N this chapter was edited on 25/1/22]