Chapter 27

A/N: ok so this is kinda ooc, but who cares

Peter was sitting on a roof, his mask pulled up over his nose so he could breathe in the fresh night air more easily. It was a quiet night, at least in comparison to what usually happens in New York. There'd been only a few muggings he had to stop and a lost kid that he'd helped to guide home.

There wasn't really much to do for him here, so he decided to get himself something to eat while waiting for something to happen. Peter did that more often since moving in with Matt, now that he didn't have to use all of his money to pay rent anymore and could pay more attention to his health instead.

This time though, a phone call interrupted his thoughts just as he was about to get off the rooftop.

Peter took out his phone, confused as to why anybody would call anyone at 2 a.m., yet when he looked at the caller ID he immediately took the call.

"Deadpool?" he asked. He hadn't heard anything from his friend since he'd sent over Daredevil to watch over Spiderman.

"Uh, hi," Deadpool answered. He seemed to hesitate. "Uh, Spidey, look, I'm sure you're busy but-" He coughed once, then took a shaky breath in. "Can you- Can you help me? Please..." His voice faded into a coughing fit.

Peter had straightened up at Deadpool's first words. He'd never heard him this nervous or his voice sound so strained.

"Where are you? Don't worry, I'll help you," he said, checking his web shooters to make sure they were full and operational. While he waited for Deadpool to tell him his location, Peter refilled the web fluid on his right hand.

"I'm... outside of the city, I'm not sure where..."

"Describe it, I'm sure I can find it."

"There's this big abandoned factory building,..."

Peter listened to Deadpool as he described his surroundings, trying to remember if he'd ever been in that area before.

Not long after it clicked for him and he swung off the building he was on before he answered Deadpool.

"Hey, don't worry, I'll be right there. Give me maybe 15 minutes."

"Thank you so much, Spidey..." Deadpool whispered, Peter only caught it through his enhanced hearing.

"It's no problem."

-

It took Peter only just about 10 minutes to get to the location Deadpool had described. There was another abandoned factory building next to the one Deadpool had mentioned, but it was collapsed into itself and burnt down, parts were still burning.

Although he arrived earlier than expected, it still took Peter more time to find Deadpool.

When he did find him, it was just because he saw movement down in a street and when he closed in, he saw a person rocking back and forth on the ground.

Peter assumed it must be Deadpool, but he couldn't be sure since he wasn't wearing his signature red-black mask and he'd never shown Peter his face either.

He quickly scaled down the wall, even if it wasn't Deadpool the person seemed to be in distress and Peter would help them no matter what.

The person was wearing a hospital gown-like cloth over their body with slightly burnt and soot blackened edges. Their face was hidden in the palms of their hands and they seemed lost in their thoughts, so Peter made sure to make some noise as he walked toward them so he wouldn't spook them.

They still flinched and backed away when Peter came closer.

"Hey, don't worry, I won't hurt you," he said, trying to sooth the other person.

It was only then that they took their head out of their hands and looked at Peter. It was night and there was barely any light coming into the small street they were standing in, but Peter was still sure the face and the hands- scratch that, their whole body looked burned.

"Spidey?" they whispered with a hoarse voice as if they'd screamed for so long their voice gave up. Peter gave up all his hope that this wasn't Deadpool. Even if he didn't approve of his actions sometimes, he was still his friend and Peter has always been protective of those.

"Deadpool?" Peter asked in return, just to make sure.

The person-Deadpool-nodded. He tried to lift himself off the ground with his arms yet he was shaking too much and fell down again with a hiss.

Peter sprinted the last few meters to Deadpool and helped him stand up. He was surprisingly light for his age and height.

He gripped Peter's suit tightly as if he was going to fall again, and whispered a small "Thank you."

Peter just hugged him, not knowing what else to say. He wondered what had happened to Deadpool in the time they hadn't seen each other and whether he'd always had those scars over his whole body yet he knew this wasn't the right time to ask.

Making a quick decision, Peter told Deadpool to hold on tightly (there was no need to say that, Deadpool was already holding onto him like a lifeline) and swung them in the direction of Hell's Kitchen.

It took them longer to get back than it would've if Peter had been alone, he wasn't used to swinging with someone else and he had to be careful not to shake the now shivering Deadpool too much.

Back at the apartment Peter put Deadpool down on the couch and brought him some water and clothes from Matt, since his own would be too small.

Deadpool had insisted that he didn't need any medical assistance, but Peter still got out the first aid kit. If Deadpool didn't need it, Matt would surely do when he'll come home from his own patrol.

It didn't take long for them both to fall asleep, Deadpool on the couch and Peter on the floor, his back leaned on the couch.