Chapter 25

Once again, Peter stood in front of Stark Tower. It was still just as tall and intimidating as every time he saw it before.

Peter let himself enjoy the view for a few more moments before going inside for his internship. He was a bit early so he still had enough time to get inside.

Suddenly Peter heard a familiar voice calling his name.

"Hey, Peter!"

He looked around, trying to find the source of the voice when he saw Azul and Shayla standing near the big entrance, both waving at him.

"We're here!" Azul yelled and waved faster while Shayla just smiled and put her arm down.

Peter grinned and walked to the couple, speeding up a little to get there faster.

"Hey guys!" he greeted them.

Without wasting too much time, the three of them went into the tower and to their workplace while talking about what they did yesterday. Peter didn't really want to tell them he was Spiderman, so he simply made up something about studying for school and doing homework, easily believable enough due to him (supposedly) still going to school.

For about an hour they did their stuff, Peter helped Shayla with whatever he could, even though she insisted on letting him work on his own projects.

Suddenly, while Peter was working on a more complex equation that he just didn't seem to be able to figure out, he felt somebody tap on his shoulder, twice. But since only Shayla and Azul ever did that he wasn't surprised to see Shayla standing right next to him.

She was holding her phone in her hand, the screen showing in Peter's direction to let him read the message she had just got.

"Boss said you're supposed to go to floor 86 and bring some coffee to the people up there."

"Doesn't every floor have like at least one coffee machine?" Peter asked, confused. Shayla and Azul even told him on his first day where to find the coffee machines on the floors he was supposed to work on.

"They do, but the guys there apparently managed to somehow destroy it." Shayla sighed. "Again."

"Wow. It seems like that has happened a few times now already."

"You don't even wanna know. It happens way too often so there are usually always a few spare coffee machines, but the guys up there are too lazy to just replace it, so they get interns to get them coffee." Shayla thought for a moment. "We actually do benefit from them breaking the coffee machines that often, because we can use the spare parts if we need them.

A *ding* sounded from Shayla's phone. She looked at the message for a moment, then turned to Peter again. "I think you should go now. Boss says they need the coffee as soon as possible. Maybe they're closer to figuring out that one equation now. Come on, I'll help you with the coffees, it's a lot to carry for one person."

Walking next to Shayla to the coffee machine, he asked about the equation.

Shayla didn't appear to know much about it, but it seemed to be a quite important one that not a single person up there was able to figure out, there was always something wrong.

Peter kept thinking about it for the whole elevator ride. What kind of equation does it have to be that nobody could figure it out?

-

After arriving at the 86th floor, Shayla knocked at the glass door in front of them with her free hand.

They didn't have to wait long until Azul ran out from behind a few shelves, desks and whiteboards to open the door for them. While it opened, they could still hear someone yelling at Azul for running in the lab.