CHAPTER 20

authors note: i think i didn't mention it before, but matt / daredevil is about one or two years older than wade / deadpool, who is about a year older than peter.

Peter got into a defensive position, even though that person didn't look like they'd attack him.
"Who are you, and what are you doing here?"
"I believe you already know me."
Peter thought about where he could've seen them before, and just when he was about to give up and ask, he remembered - it was Daredevil, the guy Deadpool apparently told to keep an eye on Peter.
"Oh, Daredevil, right?"
"Exactly. About the second question, I wanted to check up on you. You know, do my job."
"I don't need anybody to look after me, I can take care of myself," Peter muttered, taking off his mask and sitting down. He knew that was a lie, if it hadn't been for Aunt May, he'd probably have starved already or failed his classes. May had been the only reason he was able to keep his life together, and now she was gone, too, and his life was slowly falling apart.
"If you say so."
The both of them sat there for a while, not talking, only staring into the sky.
After a few minutes, Daredevil finally spoke up.
"Hey, maybe you should come with me to my apartment, so you know where it is."
"I told you, I can take care-"
"I know. Just in case."
"Alright then." Peter knew he could just refuse, but then again, Daredevil had a point, and it wouldn't be so bad having somebody he could trust, at least as long as Deadpool wasn't there.
Daredevil, already standing, held out his hand to Peter and then pulled him up. The younger teen stumbled a bit, but the older one steadied him.
Suddenly, Peter felt more tired than he ever has in a very long time, his eyes were drooping and he couldn't stand straight anymore.
"I think I'm just gonna take a nap now..." He mumbled a few more incoherent words, before he just fell right into Daredevil's arms, passing out mid-fall.
The other one just shook his head slightly.
"Sure you don't need anybody to look after you."

-later, Matt's pov-
Matt was preparing himself food, when he heard footsteps and the door to his bedroom opening. After a few moments, in which Matt could hear Spiderman stumbling through his dark apartment, the younger boy finally found a light switch and clicked it.
Suddenly, Matt realized he wasn't wearing anything to hide his face, so he played with the thought of just turning himself away from the boy, but quickly decided against it. He already "knew" what Spiderman looked like and promised to keep it a secret (which wasn't really hard though), so he assumed he could trust Spiderman to keep his face a secret, too.
"Hey, Spiderboy. How are you doing?" Matt asked, continuing making his pasta.
"Uhm... it's Spiderman..." he didn't quite know what to say. He just woke up in an unfamiliar apartment, in a stranger's bed, without any memories of getting there. So it was pretty justified for him to be confused.
"Daredevil, right?" he asked, squinting at Matt in wonder.
"Exactly, but call me Matt," Matt answered, not looking up. There wasn't any reason to do that, for obvious reasons.
"Alright. I guess you can call me Peter, then."
After their short conversation, an awkward silence fell over the room. Peter sat down, while Matt finished the pasta.
As Matt served Peter and himself each a plate of pasta, the latter one spoke up.
"How, uh, did you go blind?" Peter asked sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.
"Oh, an incident involving a chemical spill when I was a child, which also heightened my other senses and balanced the loss of my sight," Matt replied, completely unbothered.
For the rest of their meals, the both of them stayed quiet and ate their food.
After they finished, Peter took their plates and put them in the sink, then he sat back down at the table and just... stared at Matt.
"Your stuff's here, if you were wondering," Matt told Peter, getting up and walking to the couch, where he picked up the mask of the Spiderman suit. "Here's your mask, your backpack and your other things."
"Thanks, I guess. How long was I even out?"
"Uhm, for about maybe nine? ten hours?" Matt answered.
"OH FRICK! I HAVE TO GO! SEE YA LATER!" Peter yelled, suddenly remembering his internship.
Matt just listened as the boy ran into Matt's bedroom and jumped out of the window after snatching his mask from the other one's hand and a quick goodbye.
Smiling, Matt kept on standing and waited. After a few moments, Peter came back through the window and took off again a second later, this time with his backpack.

guys
i really have nothing to say for me
this chapter was done for weeks now but my brain said "nope there's that one sentence you haven't written" and i was like understandable have a nice day
so
well