CHAPTER 24

so--
i COULD tell you guys that i didn't have time to write this and that's why i post it only now--
but that would be a lie, becaus i had plenty of time during the last 2 months and simply forgot i had a finished chapter in my documents
anygay, this is more or less just a filler chapter, so..
have fun

Peter closed the door of the fridge after taking half of a sandwich and an apple. Should count as a good enough meal, right? Even if not, better this than no food at all, right?

“So, who are you really?” a voice suddenly asked behind the boy.

Peter spun around and squinted at Foggy. “Good question, next question: who are you?”

The man raised one of his eyebrows. “I asked you first.”

“And I asked you second, what’s your point?” Peter responded and took a bite of the apple. It was nice and juicy. (just like Peter) (/jk)

Foggy groaned. “Alright, alright. I’m Foggy, Matt’s best friend and associate. We’re both lawyers, but you probably already know that.”

“I did, in fact, not know that. Thank you for telling me,” Peter responded after swallowing the bite, taking the next one right after he spoke.

“How long do you two even know each other? Like, everybody who knows Matt knows he’s a lawyer.”

“Let me think.” Peter counted on his hands. “One, two, three... About three days, I’d say. But I also have a pretty bad sense of time so it might be more, it might be less.”

“How– You two–” Foggy shook his head. “Matt will have to answer a lot of questions when he wakes up again.”

“Very true,” Peter said and threw the rest of his apple into the trash. “Anyway, I gotta go now, so see ya!”

Foggy just watched as the boy took his backpack and ran out of the door.

-++ Time Skip™️ ++-

Peter only stopped running when he got to his favorite tree in the park. He climbed up and sat in his usual spot.

From there he just watched the people below him. There weren’t too many since most adults were at work and their children were at home. Instead, there were many birds. Peter didn’t really like interacting with people that much, so that was a plus.

After a while, Peter took his phone out of his pocket and opened it. There were a few messages from MJ and a few more from the group chat.

Peter decided to text MJ first, again.

MJ :D
Hey loser

How ya doing?

Don’t worry, I didn’t track you down

Yet

Peter
Hey!

I’m fine

Thank you for not tracking me down

MJ :D
Yet

and btw, this is Wade’s number if you
want to try texting him

He didn’t answer me, maybe he’ll answer
you

+917 ********

Peter
Thanks!

I’ll try texting him

MJ :D
Good

Peter
Wait

Isn’t it class time rn