CHAPTER 21

After the internship, because nothing worth talking about happened:

Peter walked out of the tower with a wide smile on his face. He had made great progress on his own projects, the little robot, and the AI, and helped Shayla and Azul wherever he could, even if it was mostly bringing them parts or tools they needed. He still had a lot of fun in those few hours, so he counted the time as wisely spent.

As he walked down the street, Peter suddenly realized he had completely forgotten to check his messages for a few days. He had put his notifications on silent so they wouldnt distract him and then forgot to charge his phone so he didnt see any messages, but he was very sure that there were at least a few messages, probably not that many. He hadnt been gone for too long, right?

-

Oh just how wrong he was.

After Peter went back to Matts apartment (whose location he fortunately remembered), sheepishly asked Matt if he could stay with him for just a while, at least until he found somewhere else to stay, and Matt agreed with a big smile on his face, he finally plugged his smartphone to the charger and waited.

Instead of doing nothing while the battery percentage slowly but steadily went up, Peter put his suit back on, wrote a short note to his new friend about his whereabouts, as he had been busy at that moment, and swung out of the window and into the brightly lit night of New York City.

The few hours out as Spiderman went by with little to no complications, Peter stopped a few muggings and one minor break-in from happening, nothing too complicated or dangerous.

After making sure there wasnt anything else going on where hed have to intervene, Peter finally took on swinging back to his friends apartment, which he found empty to his surprise. Though, he did find a few new words scribbled illegibly under the note he had left for Matt just a few hours ago. They read:

Thanks for considering my blindness and leaving me a written note. Very grateful for that.

Peter both mentally and physically facepalmed as he read those two sentences. How could he have forgotten that? Feeling stupid about it, he just tried to forget it and would definitely try to prevent ever having to talk about it with somebody, though he would immediately apologize to Matt should he get the opportunity without addressing it himself. But there were still a few more unread words under Peters own.

Ill be back in a few hours or so, dont wait for me.

That answered pretty much none of his questions, but it wasnt in Peter's place to question the others whereabouts, so he just put the paper back onto the counter and reminded himself to check on his messages after hed changed into more comfortable clothes than the red-blue spandex he was still wearing.

Having done that, he went to his phone which was still charging. Peter took it and unlocked it with his fingerprint. Immediately the screen filled with messages sent from about the moment he sent his last one up to roughly an hour ago.

*99+ unread messages from Friends? :0*

*3 unread messages from MJ :D*

Peter started with MJs messages first, itd probably take a lot longer to check the group chat.

MJ :D
hey Peter, how you doing?
-Monday, 7:43 pm

MJ :D
Peter? are you alright?
-yesterday, 8:19 am

MJ :D
Peter, if you don't respond soon Ill
track you down and make you answer
-yesterday, 8:52 pm

Peter gulped. He hasnt known MJ for that long, but he was pretty sure shed keep her promise.