CHAPTER 19

After a few questions

"Alright, I've answered your questions. It's your turn to answer some of mine now." Peter crossed his arms. He got untied after Romanoff, Barnes, and he made a little compromise.

"We'll see. What do you want to know?" Romanoff responded.

"First: why does Fury want to know my identity so badly?"

"Easy. He thinks you could become a threat, so he wants to keep tabs on you to prevent that from happening."

"And he couldn't've just... asked? Like, if I had known why maybe this wouldn't have had to happen."

"Are you saying you would've given up your identity if simply asked to?"

"Well, Mr. Barnes, that's not what I meant, not exactly." Peter stood up from his chair. "I'm just saying, Fury and I could've made a compromise, which could've made everyone happy."

"And what kind of compromise would that be?" Romanoff tilted her head to the side and raised an eyebrow, while Barnes continued to stay in the same position he's been for most of the time.

"Now how would I know? Give me some time to think about it, and maybe I'll tell you guys," Peter said, turning to the door to his right.

"We'll meet here in three days, same time. Don't be late, or well have to get you ourselves."

"Alrighty then, superheroes!"

The two ex-assassins watched as the boy took a step forward, just to whirl around in a smooth movement.

"Actually, one last question. Can I please get an autograph? You are my idols and I've dreamt of meeting you guys, not like this, but still." Peter looked at them and the excitement he felt, when he saw them for the first time, came back

"Sure you can."

"Thank you so much, Mr. Barnes and Ms. Romanoff!" Almost jumping up and down from the excitement, Peter watched as they put their signature on a piece of paper and then gave it to him. "See you in three days!"

Black Widow and the Winter Soldier watched with a smile as the vigilante went out of the door, but that smile fell when he stumbled and had to steady himself on the wall next to him as if just one more step could make him fall and not get up.

"You good there, kid?"

"Yup, all fine, nothing to worry about, everything's perfectly normal, why are you asking? Peter replied, swaying slightly on the spot. His answer was a very big lie, he wasn't fine at all. Sleep deprivation and malnutrition were taking a big toll on him, but why would someone, who could be seen as his enemy, have to know about that?

After the vigilante closed the door behind him, Bucky turned to his partner.

"He's definitely not fine."

"Yeah, I've realised that, too. He seems malnourished. I wonder if something happened, and what."

"Me too. But it's not like we can do something unless we know what's going on. And we don't even know if he'd take our help."

"Good point, lets just see what happens."

"You mean, let's spy on him and hope we find out more about him?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

-with Peter-

In one of his secret stashes stashed around Queens, Peter found a few older energy bars and ate two of them. It had been about 4 or 5 hours, give or take, from when he got kidnapped. During all that time he didn't eat anything, which his metabolism disliked greatly.

After he rested for a bit, he continued to swing to the rooftop he left his stuff on. It wasn't such a long way, fortunately, just a few blocks away.

When he landed on the rooftop, he suddenly realised he wasn't alone. Right next to his things was a person sitting, with two little red devils horns on their head

-
wow, i'm updating? now that's a surprise
drink some water, dudes, dudettes, and dudon'ts :)

10-06-22