Chapter 86

Saad's pov:

"Aur ye lijiye bhabi, ye aapke liye." Handing Atifa a bouquet of pink roses with coffee, he beamed. "And I'm so sorry, mai aapke liye red roses laana chahta tha lekin wo nahi mile isliye yahi le aaya."

(And this is for you Atifa.)
(And I'm so sorry, I wanted to bring red roses for you but I couldn't find them here.)

"Nahi koi baat nahi, pink colour mera favorite hai. Aur ye bohot khubsurat lag rahe hai. Jazak Allahu Khairan. Lekin iski kya zarurat thi? Parso bhi to aapne mujhe chocolates bheji thi, aur ab ye?" Admiring the bouquet, my wife replied. I could even detect a smile in her voice. Oh god, this boy! He was getting on my nerves again!

(No it's okay, pink is my favourite colour. And they are so beautiful. Thank you. But what was the need for this? You sent me chocolates just a few days ago!)

"I didn't know that! And I'm glad you liked it. Waiyyakum. Aur aise kaise? Ye to kuch bhi nahi hai bhabi, agar aap theek hoti aur hum Savusavu me hote to aap ka aur acche se khushamdeed karte hum, haina Saad?" Was he seriously flirting with her or was I overthinking? I had no idea but I was surely getting annoyed.

(Welcome. And this is nothing! If you would have been fine and in Savusavu, then we would have welcomed you even better, right Saad?)

"Haa, sahi keh rahe ho. Lekin phir bhi, inn flowers ki kya zarurat thi? Coffee kafi thi." Gritting my teeth, I asked him while fisting my empty hand, trying not to explode on him. Just let us meet personally once.

(Yeah, you are right. But still, what was the need for these flowers? Coffee was enough.)

"How can you say that, Saad? You know how much I respect and admire her for being my one and only bhabi. And my respect for her has increased tenfold since I realised the fact that she will have to handle your dumbness in the future too. I'm so sorry for that on his behalf bhabi. Aur agar aapko kabhi bhi ye tang kare ya meri madad ki zarurat ho to you can call me, mai aapki khidmat me hazir ho jaunga. Mera number uss card me likha hua hai jo aapke flower bouquet me hai." Pointing at the card with a devilish smile, he told her. He was surely up to something, but I didn't know what!

(How can you say that, Saad? You know how much I respect and admire her for being my one and only bhabi. And my respect for her has increased tenfold since I realised the fact that she will have to handle your dumbness in the future too. I'm so sorry for that on his behalf bhabi. And if he ever annoys you or you need my help then you can call me, I'll be at your service. My number is written on that card which is in your flower bouquet.)

"Kuch zyada hi fikar nahi ho rahi tumhe meri biwi ki?" Plucking the bouquet from Atifa's hand and examining it critically, I remarked.

(Aren't you getting too concerned for my wife?)

"Ab agar unka husband tum jaisa bewakuf ho to fikar karni padti hai." Looking at me, he fired back with a smirk.

(Now if her husband is dumb like you, then I'll have to worry.)

"Accha. Tum ruko bas. Abhi tumhara time aana baaki hai." Flipping the card and glaring at it, I gritted out.

(I see. You just wait. Your time is yet to come, remember.)

"Wo to jab aayega tab dekha jayega. Abhi let me do my work. And please keep that card back in the bouquet. It is for bhabi, not you." With a scowl forming on his face, he chided.

(When my time comes, we will see. Now let me do my work. And please keep that card back in the bouquet. It is for bhabi, not you.)

"Yeah sure." Forcing a smile on my face, I replied through a clenched jaw before keeping the bouquet back on Atifa's lap. "It's getting late, we should head home now. Jazak Allah Ali for coming here and for these coffee's, ab hum chalte hai." Taking a sip of my 'getting cold' espresso, I thanked him, wanting to get away from his annoying antics.