Chapter 20

Atifa's pov :

"This isn't over yet." Zara bhabi told her husband in an annoyed voice when we saw ammi making her way towards us.

Her husband just huffed and sat back like a child. "I can't even have my meal in peace." He muttered, earning a low growl from bhabi. I still don't know her husband's name.

"So how are my baccha's enjoying the food? Do you guys want something?" Ammi questioned one after the other worriedly. Her gaze roaming around as she looked for any kind of inconvenience or shortage. (Kids)

"Seriously aunty, the food is amazing Ma Shaa Allah. And you shouldn't worry this much. We already have enough." Bhabi replied with a warm smile.

Ammi smiled back at her. "Jazak Allahu Khairan. I'm glad you like the food. But should I ask someone to bring something else for you guys?" She asked, her voice tense.

"No aunty, no need for that, we already have enough. See." Bhai replied while showing her his plate, which was a bad idea by the way.

As soon as ammi's gaze landed on his plate, she went in a frenzy. "Ya Allah! Your plate is empty. You guys don't even pay attention to who needs what. If I wouldn't have come here to check then I wouldn't have even gotten to know." She hurried away as she continued saying these things, leaving a very flabbergasted brother behind.

"What just happened?" He asked us in a confused voice.

But before anyone of us could answer him, ammi returned with a plate full of biryani and chicken tikka. I suppressed my smile as I knew what was about to come. Poor boys. May Allah help them.

Without any word, she quickly emptied almost half of the contents of the plate on his plate and after surveying his plate, she did the same with him, leaving them both gaping at her unbelievably. "Anyone else want something?" Ammi turned to us and eyed our plates, making us hide them or pull them closer to us.

"No aunty, we are good." Emaan squeaked. I so wanted to laugh at their gaping faces but I knew I couldn't in front of Ammi. Even bhabi seemed to be suppressing her laugh.

Ammi raised her eyebrow, before asking her cautiously, "Are you sure? Your plate seems-"

"Yes aunty, I'm 100 percent sure. In fact I'm full and I don't know what to do with the food on my plate." She replied quickly, cutting her mid-sentence. Ammi just shook her head at her antics and looked at me and bhabi. Bhabi started eating her food avoiding her gaze while a grin cracked on my face.

"Ho gya ammi? Now come and sit here. We all already ate and you are still remaining." I told her as I got up from my place and made her sit there. (Are you done mom?)

"Nhi hua. You guys can continue eating, I have to go and check on others. Mai baad me kha lungi." She replied as she started getting up from her place. (Not yet.) (I will eat later.)

"No ammi. You will eat now and everyone is already having food. Also, mami is there to check up on them na, so now you should eat." I stated firmly as I forwarded my plate to her.

"But-" She started to protest but Emaan cut her off again.

"Atifa, I think you should feed her with your own hands. Waise bhi she doesn't seem to be in the mood to eat. And as I said, I'm already done with my food so come and sit here." Standing up from her place, she sat on the table in front of us. "Also, this is my favourite place since I can just click pictures of you all while enjoying myself." She added with a wink. I just shook my head at her but a smile formed on my lips. (And anyways)