Chapter 35

Atifa's pov :

The day following that day, I woke up with a terrible headache with body pain and the feeling of nausea hitting me with full force. Actually, the feeling of nausea was the reason for me to wake up at three at night and empty my stomach. I didn't know if it was because I missed our home or due to the continuous cramps or due to lack of sleep or if I overworked myself or if it was just food poisoning. Whatever the reason was, it wasn't intentional.

And even if I tried to, I couldn't sleep after that. The feeling was so prominent that I kept sitting up every once in a while, just to lay down again. And by the time I woke up ammi for fajr, I had already thrown up twice and my body seemed too tired to function properly. But choosing not to tell her about this at that time, I headed back to our room.

If I count it myself, I slept only for around five hours. When I was sure that Amira had prayed fajr before going to sleep again, I tried to snuggle back into sleep, hoping to feel better by the time I woke up again.

._._._.

"Api uthiye na! Mujhe bhook lagi hai." Amira's nagging voice woke me up in the morning as she sat beside me, shaking my shoulder.

(Wake up! I'm hungry.)

"What time is it?" Opening one of my eyes, I squinted at her.

"Naw baj rahe hai." She replied with a pout, glancing at the clock.

(It's nine.)

"Accha theek hai, mai uth rahi hu. Tum jao fresh ho jao." I told her, stifling a yawn. Thankfully, I was able to sleep for a few more hours, three to be more specific.

(Okay, I'm waking up. Go and freshen up.)

"Mai already fresh ho chuki hu api." She replied with a proud grin, making me smile slightly.

(I already freshened up.)

"Accha chalo hato, mujhe uthne do." I told her while sitting up with a yawn. "Ammi kya kar rahi hai?" I asked her with a frown.

(Okay move aside, let me wake up.)
(What is mom doing?)

"Wo bhi abhi uthi hai." She replied as she grabbed my phone and went to sit on the bed, getting lost in her own world with a smile on her face.

(She just woke up.)

Shaking my head, I stood up and started folding my blanket, the feeling of weakness still there. "Accha. Abhi naashta bana deti hu, thodi der sabr kar lo."

(Okay. Just wait for a while, I will make your breakfast.)

"Jee api, you can take your time. Mai intezaar karungi." Her absent-minded reply made me shake my head at her antics. With a breathy laugh, I left the room to freshen up and make something for breakfast.

(Yes, you can take your time. I will wait.)

Yesterday, after asr prayer, we all headed out to mow the small lawn surrounding our house. Other than grass, the lawn just had a neem tree at one corner of the border. The lawn was bordered with white fence, giving this house a cute look.

It took us around an hour to mow it and after that, we brought out the extra foldable chairs kept in the kitchen to keep them in the lawn and admire the setting sun.

After magrib, ammi went to check out this area and the grocery shops available here while we got to work on setting a few of our clothes in the cupboard. She returned with dinner and basic groceries needed to make breakfast and lunch, claiming that she would bring other stuff soon as she wasn't having enough money to buy everything all at once.