Chapter 89

Atifa's pov:

Bhai and bhabi coming to visit us so soon was a surprise. At least for me it was because I thought they might come later on. But I was glad that they came. I hadn't even realised it but I missed bhabi and Alayna so much! And I really wanted to meet the little munchkin but we didn't know when we would have been able to meet them because of ammi's health.

Although I did get a bit worried because Amira was supposed to study and now she got a good excuse to take a break. Again.

Sighing, I shook my head before listening to whatever bhabi was saying. In Sha Allah she will paas all of her exams with good marks.

"Where are you lost?" She was looking at me with a raised brow.

"No where, just thinking about dinner." Looking down at the snacks which I was taking out, I replied. It wasn't entirely a lie, I was thinking about it too. I didn't know what to cook in such a short time. And that too when I could only freely work with one of my hands since the other was in a sling.

"Ya Allah, why are you getting so worried?! We will order something na. And anyways, we aren't here to give you any stress. You are on bedrest so you should rest. We just wanted to meet you guys and I couldn't stop myself from forcing Maaz to bring us here as soon as possible." She went on. God, how much I missed her talkative self! In Suva it used to be Emaan, always talking about something or the other, and in Savusavu it was bhabi giving me company.

"I'm not getting worried. And I'm happy that you came by, but how could you guys eat from outside when you came to meet us? I'll-"

"Thank God you are here Saad. Look at your wife! She is fretting over dinner when she should be on bedrest." Before I could even complete myself, bhabi interrupted while looking towards the door. Glancing up, I found him coming into the kitchen.

"She doesn't have any other work." Shaking his head, he replied to her while narrowing his eyes at me when he caught my gaze.

"Don't get started again! I can't argue with you now." Looking down again, I mumbled in annoyance. Why did he have to intervene?

"I didn't start anything. And don't worry bhabi, I'll be bringing dinner on my way back after Isha." Halting a few feets away from us, he replied assuringly, making me frown.

I wouldn't have had any problem if it was some other time. But if his mom knew that I let them eat from outside when her son and daughter-in-law especially came to meet us, what would she think?! She was already upset with me and this would just add to her list of complaints. And I didn't want that. At all. "But I was thinking of making-"

"Make it when you are fine. Which will be after a month. So until then, rest and let your mind rest too, understood?" Saad commanded sternly, not letting me complete myself.

"No. Bhabi-"

"I'm already telling you that I'm on Saad's side this time. I won't listen to anything that you have to say. And if you still insist, I will ask Maaz to book a room for us somewhere else for tonight and we will leave tomorrow. We aren't here to stress you out." Raising her hands up, she told me with a shrug.

"What kind of emotional blackmailing is this?!" I whined with a frown. They were going to ruin my image in front of aunty more if she ever gets to know!

"The one which only I'm allowed to do." Shrugging her shoulders while munching on a wafer, she replied smugly.

"Not bad bhabi. I'm impressed!" Looking at her incredulously, Saad commented in awe while I glared at them, sulking silently.

"Don't you have any other work to do? Hamesha yaha aa jaate hai mujhe tang karne." I grumbled quietly while trying to lift the tray off the countertop. But it wasn't really possible with just one hand.