Chapter 24

Atifa's pov :

"Oh my God, you didn't tell me!" Emaan exclaimed while taking my hand in hers and examining it.

"What?" I asked, confused as to what she was talking about.

"What what? The fact that bhaijaan gifted you this ring. It was your muh dikhai gift right?" She asked me, her eyes glimmering in excitement with a wide grin covering her face. ('Show your face' ceremony)

"Oh that... Uh, yeah." I replied, flustered, as I tried to pull my hand back. We were still at our house, sitting in the living room, about to head to the mall. I was kind of thankful that not everyone's attention was on us.

"Oh, show me too." Ammi chimed in, coming to sit beside Emaan as she took my hand from her and looked at the ring. "It's beautiful." She added, looking at me with a smile.

"I know right! I was just about to say that to her." Emaan added, winking at me.

"What is beautiful? Even I want to see." Bhabi joined us while sitting beside me, a smile on her face. There went my statement regarding attention down the drain.

"Bhabi Saad bhaijaan gifted Atifa this ring. See." Emaan extended my hand to bhabi now, making me internally groan. I should just take out my ring and let them all see until they are satisfied and then wear it again.

"Ma Shaa Allah, I never knew Saad had such a great taste. He isn't interested in shopping much." Bhabi commented, watching the ring. I was so grateful that I was already wearing my niqab. Thank God that they couldn't watch my face or my reaction. I was sure that my cheeks betrayed me.

Both the brothers were busy discussing something which was the reason for us waiting to go to the mall. As for Amira and Alayna, they were busy running around the room, trying to catch one another. Their happy giggles ringing around the house gave us a completely homey feeling.

Alhamdulillah for this. I murmured as I thought about how complete this felt. My ammi beside me as she chatted away happily with bhabi and my best friend. My sister was playing with her new friend and my sister-in-law around the house, making it a home. And my husband was talking with his brother as we waited for them.

My husband. It sounded so weird coming from me. I was married now and had a husband. It just felt so unrealistic, so much like a dream that I never even dared to imagine. It was like my prayers were answered in the best way possible, but now, I didn't even know how to thank Allah for that.

Isn't it said that don't despair from the mercy of Allah, for he always accepts our prayers. When we pray, one of these three things will surely happen. The first is that our prayers will be answered immediately and we will get what we prayed for. The second is that we won't get what we prayed for, but we will, instead, get something much better. And the third option is that our prayers won't be answered in this world, but we will surely get the rewards or our prayers will be answered in the hereafter. Subhan Allah. Isn't that a win win situation for us? The feeling was so overwhelming that I could feel a lump forming in my throat.

There is no harm in praying for something that we want. Because either we will get it here and if not here then on the day of judgment. We wouldn't lose anything if we pray. We have nothing to lose. In fact, Allah loves those who ask from him. He loves to listen to the voice of his creation calling out to him, asking him what they want. And he doesn't like to turn away his believers, who are asking something from him, empty handed.

Excusing myself, I quickly made my way back to my room before ending up in the washroom to calm myself down. I took off my niqab before letting a few tear drops roll down my face as I squeezed my eyes shut. I gripped the washbasin tightly while glancing at my reflection in the mirror. This time, I let my emotions flow because these were the tears of gratitude and I didn't want anyone to notice me like this.