Chapter 21

I stared at the test for what felt like forever, though it was probably only 10 seconds.

My world felt like it was falling apart. My mind began to race and my eyes started to burn.

What's going to happen now? Am I ready to become a parent? Is Jay ready? Is this a good thing? Will he even be happy?!

Fuck! Why me?

I looked up at my boyfriend with tears in my eyes while he stoically stared at the test in his hand.

What if he's angry? What if this is the worst news he's ever heard? What if he wants nothing to do with me now?

"Grace," he called, finally looking me in my eyes.

What are you thinking Jay, I can't tell.

"I... I'm so... ugh I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY," he screeches, picking me up and spinning. "I'm gonna be a dad!" He puts me back down and kisses me hard, melting all my fears.

I heard the sound of shuffling footsteps but it was muffled against my raging heartbeat.

He's happy. He's happy. So I can be happy too. How wonderful.

He pulls back and looks at me with the biggest smile he could muster.

"I love you so much Grace."

"I love you too Jay," I replied, hugging him. After a couple of beats, I felt a couple pairs of arms reach around me.

"Sigani da dwaesseo Jaebum-a," his mom teased. "Welcome to the family Grace." We stood in a group hug for a minute before his mom scurried of all excited, saying something in Korean about calling Jay's brother, his dad trailing behind.

O_o

Jay's POV

I don't remember everything processing. Between my parents' assumptions and holding the test in my hand, I don't really think I thought anything. Actually no, I think I thought about everything, not that any of it stuck, but I kept a cool composure until the plus sign registered. That's when it all sorta... clicked?

Is that what you'd call a moment of clarity?

The reason I can't remember any of those questions is because none of them mattered. Everything that's meant for me is mine. My career, my girl, and now my family...

My family.

I love the way that sounds. Grace Park... I love that even better.

My reaction to the news was slow but once it clicked, everything made sense and my heart swelled.

I wanted to tell everyone who'd listen, I was gonna be a dad.

After detaching myself from my pregnant girlfriend, I left to go buy her a gift.

"Jagiya, go take a nap, you look like you could use one," I smiled, caressing her face. She nodded in my palm and I gave her another kiss before she walked away. I rushed out of the house, jumping in my car, and driving off. I had no clue what I was gonna buy or where I was gonna get it from. So I called the one person I knew would get it.

"Hey Hyung, what's up?"

"Hey Ji," I responded. "Nothing much, just checking in on you and my God Daughter."

"Sarang is doing fine, a little fussy. Her mother is doing fine too if you were wondering," he replied. His voice held a bit of annoyance which made me laugh internally.

"I'm glad you brought up Soo 'cause I was just about to ask about her."

"What about her?"

"When you found she was pregnant, did you get her anything?"

"You mean like a gift? Nah."

"What help are you?" I questioned shaking my head.

"Help? What do you mean? I was supposed to get my girlfriend a gift for being pregnant?! For what?! What do you need me for anyway?" He sounded so flustered.

"I need the help picking out a gift but you aren't helpful."

"Why would you need to buy a pregnancy gift?"

"Pregnancy?!" I heard a voice screech. The phone made a weird noise before a loud voice yelled at me. "Park Jaebum, did you impregnate my friend?!"

I couldn't hold back my smile as I beamed into the phone. "I did in fact."

"And this bitch didn't tell me?!?! I'm gone kill her!" Soo replied.

"No! Wait! We literally just found out! I ran out the house to go buy her a gift but I didn't know what would be appropriate! That's why I called Ji, to know what he got you."

"Well he didn't get me shit, except a boatload of people in my business. But I'm not complaining because it made me feel special." I heard a smack and crinkled my nose at the reverb from their kiss.

"Aren't y'all cute."

"We are- OH but you don't do that! That was cute for Ji and me but that would send Grace's anxiety through the roof. Just think of something she'd like, her favorite things."

Her favorite things? Her favorite ah!

"That's a bet! Thank you Soo! Talk to you guys later!" I said before ending the call. I knew exactly what I was gonna get her.

O_O

"Jagiya," I called out as I walked in the house. "Eodiya?"

"I'm in the kitchen with your mom!" She called back. The air smelled of my mother's cooking, reminding me that I hadn't eaten since our interrupted lunch.

"Eomma, baegopa," I whined. The bags rustled in my hands.

"Jaebum-ah, make some food yourself, this isn't for you," she teased smiling at me. "My daughter said she was finally hungry. You should've gotten food while you were out."

"Ma don't be like that," I pouted.

"What's all that?" Grace asked, gesturing to the bags in my hand. She grabs a toothpick, poking it into a piece of tteokbokkie before eating it.

I blushed, my nerves exploding out of nowhere. "They're for you," I told her handing her a bouquet.

She gasped loudly, dropping her toothpick.

"Tiger Lilies?! Where did you even find them?! Aw baby thank you!" She gushed.

"Well there's more where these came from," I said setting the bags on the ground.

"Jay are these really all for me?"

"Of course they are! Grace," I walked over to the stool she sat on, reaching out to hold her hand. "I've had a lot of things happen to me in my life. The good, the bad, and the indifferent, I've never regretted anything... and everyday I wake up relieved I took the chance back at the bar... Us meeting was fate Grace and I'm down for anything life brings as long as it's with you..." I bent down and watched as Graces jaw dropped.

"With that being said I have only one thing to ask... Will you marry me?"
_____________________________________________________________________________

AHHHHH!!! Issa UPDATE!!! Yes I know... I'm the worst! But here's an update, I hope you enjoyed it. What do you think of it? Let me knowwww!

Sigani da dwaesseo Jaebum-a means it's about time Jaebum (which is his real name).
Eodiya mean where are you.

Shameless promo: Tired of waiting and in need of another AMBW Kpop fanfic? Go check out my other story In Too Deep :). Fair warning: this story is juicy drammmma. Well that's all I got! Until next chapter. -K