Chapter 5

The days in between seemed to fly and before I knew it, concert day had arrived . After throwing on some make up and my concert outfit on, I went downstairs to Soo's apartment.

"Soo," I knocked. "You ready? Jay said to be there early." She opened the door with a wild look in her eyes.

"Grace," she started. "You cannot rush perfection. Today is my man's concert and there's going a lot of cute little girls throwing themselves at him. It's doesn't matter who arrives first because the finest, which'll be me, will be the last one standing."

"Your enthusiasm is all nice and dandy but we don't actually have physical tickets... we have to get there early to get them from Jay. So rush the perfection because you have 5 minutes till the taxi gets here."

"Well you didn't say that," she stated, "I'll be right out." She closed the door but the commotion she was making could still be heard from outside. I shook my head and walked to the front of the building to wait on the taxi.

I don't know what I was feeling about this concert. Like I was kind of excited because it was going to be a new experience for me but at the same time, if I didn't like it, I wouldn't know how to react when it was all over. But I'm trying to not get ahead of myself. I'm going to give this genre a fair chance. At least that was my intentions.

I decided to take it upon myself to listen to some of the H1gher Music artists, that way I wouldn't be absolutely lost. That's right, I did my research! Pretty proud of it too.

Eonni came running out the building just as the taxi pulled up.

We got in the taxi and told him the address. It took about 34 mins to get to the venue and an extra 3 minutes for Soo to make sure she was ready to be seen. We paid and got out eventually, walking to the side door as Jay had directed. We walked pass the mob of girls at that were at the door, harassing the security guard.

"Hello?"," I say in Korean, stepping in front the fans.

"Sorry, can't let in," He attempted in English, brushing me off. I rolled my eyes and continued to speak anyway.

"My name should be on the list," I told him in his native tongue. "You should probably check it." I looked at him expectantly as he reluctantly checked the clipboard in his hand.

I told him our names after he asked. His eyebrows raised slightly in genuine surprise.

"Mianhe," he apologized. "This way." He opened the door, gesturing forward. The hoards of girls behind us started to scream with excitement. I reveled in their excitement as they made me feel eager for the upcoming performances.

"Look! That's the foreigner Jay followed on Instagram," a voice spoke in Korean. I turned my head to catch this person as I walked in through the threshold but I couldn't tell as the screams continued.

How did somebody know? More importantly, why do they watch his following list like that? I'll just have to let him know.

I was really liking Jay and all but I refused to have crazy fan drama. I hate when people I know be in my business, so strangers in my business does nothing but irritate me.

"Grace, come on!" Eonni tugged at my arm and pulled to the nearest security guard.

"You're not supposed to be back here," he scolded. I rolled my eyes.

"Need Jay Park," I said choppily. "Find him."

"You're going to have to leave." He attempted to try to usher us out but we weren't having it. Eonni and I started fussing him out. We weren't leaving without talking to Jay. Like we were only back there because we were on the list.