CH.9: It's All the Physiques Fault

Lin Zhizhi, with a face full of excitement, followed Xuan Hua and walked into a cave.1

Xuan Hua’s dwelling was just like himself, bearing a cold spiritual energy. It didn’t look large from the outside, but inside felt like a whole other world.

Shizun Daren walking ahead finally stopped his steps at a flat valley inside the cave. He glanced around faintly, waving his hand at the nearby bamboo forest, and a bamboo flew into his hand. Xuan Hua asked Lin Zhizhi, “Have you practiced the sword?” 

Hearing the question, Lin Zhizhi took out the sword he received from the Lin Clan’s Nascent Soul elder, face eager to try, “I’ve practiced.”

Xuan Hua dipped his chin and motioned for the little disciple to practice in front of him.

From a young age, the proud and arrogant Lin Clan’s young master was full of confidence, posture outstanding, holding up a sharp sword, tip light. Although the Gentle Wind Style was insufficient in spiritual energy, it was extremely pleasing to the eye, smooth to the extreme. 

However, Xuan Hua wasn’t very satisfied. Waiting till Lin Zhizhi completed his sword style, he ruthlessly pointed out Lin Zhizhi’s weakness, “Your foundation is inadequate.”

After saying those words, and without waiting for his little disciple to argue, Xuan Hua used the bamboo in his hand and sliced it like a sword, “Watching this, I did not use any spiritual energy.” 

The simple purple-bamboo left a shallow mark in the air. 

It looked so gentle, yet it cut through the air. 

Like a sword cuts through chaos. 

Standing opposite him, Lin Zhizhi had a feeling. If Xuan Hua wanted to kill him with that move, he would have nowhere to escape. 

—Shizun Daren’s strength was here. Even if he didn’t use his accomplishments, he can make Lin Zhizhi speculate on the shallowest of swordsmanship for a long time. 

The black-haired youth’s eyes suddenly lit up, bright like a light in the dark night, making his whole person glow. Lin Zhizhi rushed over and asked, “Shizun wants to teach me this trick?” 

Worthy of the fate of a teacher, in such a close distance with his little disciple staring at him with that gaze, Xuan Hua had the impulse to promise him everything he wanted—Fortunately, his determination was strong, and he forced down that split-section of turbulence and said in a cold voice, “Learn the basic sword formula first.”

Lin Zhizhi’s face dropped. 

Xuan Hua wasn’t willing to see him like this, and quickly added on a complement, “When you have a good foundation, whatever you want to learn Shizun will teach you.”

And then, just as he wished, he saw the young youth opposite to him brighten up.

The purple-robed Dao Zun passed the bamboo to Lin Zhizhi, simultaneously sweeping his sleeve towards the purple-bamboo forest, and immediately a couple of bamboos flew towards them, forming a humanoid shape, posture ready to fight. 

At first, the purple-bamboo person’s movements were a little sluggish, tilting back and forth and making Lin Zhizhi a little worried whether or not it’ll fall apart, but soon it seemed like it gained spirit, rapidly progressing. 

“Learn.”

—Hearing the voice of Shizun in his ear, Lin Zhizhi became serious.

But no matter how he looked, he felt…… this purple-bamboo figure’s style is super familiar?! When he punished rogue cultivators before, it seemed like he used the same exact moves?