CH.15

CH.15: To Capture Your Dao Companion’s Heart, You Must First Capture Their Stomach

After bidding farewell to his sweetheart, Feng Qin made a beeline to a shop like a fiery wind and bought all kinds of spirit beasts’ meats——key one being chicken, and returned to Xumi Realm with this pile of ingredients.

His barbecuing skills were not up to standard, and instead, he even needed to trouble his sweetheart to suffer hardship on his account and roast something for him to eat, and such a failure Feng Qin was completely unwilling to accept, he’s so perfect, so awesome, how could he be bad at such a small thing?

—He’s just not familiar with it, throughout his childhood till now, he’s never used his true fire to roast chicken, and no one was immediately good at something, en, yes, he’s just lacking some practice, that’s all!

The small dough bun child was full of ambition, encouraging himself to be diligent in training, striving hard to roast the best-roasted chicken, then he can offer his sweetheart a treasure. His sweetheart will definitely be super happy, and will definitely praise him——ei hehehe~ it’ll be even better if he gets a kiss!

His mind let his imagination roam, and the little dough bun’s face flushed into an undulating red, but his nose picked up a burning smell, and suddenly, his happiness packed face stretched into a stepmother’s face.

——He, he was just carelessly distracted! It’s not a failure!

Fiercely tossing the scorched chicken pieces to the side, Feng Qin rolled up his sleeves, revealing his stick arms as white as lotus roots, and picked out another chicken to persist in his struggling efforts.

When Demon Cultivator Feng Shuang returned from the secret realm and stepped into his cave, his immediate first reaction was to stop his steps and sniff——what’s this burning smell in the room? It can’t be that stupid son of his roasted himself, right?!

The Phoenix clan was born to love fire, but Feng Qin was still young, and he doted on him like pearls and jade, it’s inevitable that he was still “naïve and innocent” and occasionally does something with dropped IQ. For his stupid son, Feng Shuang clutched his breaking heart and rushed straight towards the courtyard where Feng Qin lived, and just as he entered the door, he choked on the air filled with smoke and fire, and hurriedly waved his sleeves, scattering the room full of billowing smoke.

Then, he saw his family’s stupid son defeated like a rooster that just lost a fight, his whole person stunned, and his white face completely covered in black ash, and his always gorgeous clean clothes were also covered with meats chunks and ashes and stained with grease, cutting Feng Shuang’s awkward figure stuck staring.

Originally, he wanted to teach his stupid son a good lesson, but when he saw how pitiful Feng Qin was, Feng Shuang couldn’t bear to. He turned his head and glanced at all the strange-looking failures on the ground and coughed softly, “What’s the matter Qin’er?1 Practicing how to use the True Fire?”

Feng Qin looked at his father bitterly, small mouth turned away, and his clear big eyes looked tearful.

Feng Shuang pursed his lips and walked over to sit down next to his stupid son——provided, of course, that the mess was cleaned up—then asked emphatically, “Talk, alright? What were you doing exactly?”

“……Roasted chicken.” Feng Qin replied quietly, “I wanted to roast a chicken for that person to eat, but……I couldn’t get it right no matter how much I practiced…..”

——Where’s the agreed-upon genius? Didn’t they say that a Phoenix was born to control fire?! Then why couldn’t he even roast a single chicken, what’s going on?!