Questioning

"Mrs. Shephard, right?" the policeman came back to the front of the station.

"Yes," she nodded, standing up nervously. The day had turned out the opposite of how she was planning, but at least she wasn't trapped anymore. She could thank her lucky stars for that. Now she was just finishing up the police report so that she could get home. She was supposed to be at her cousin's hours ago. And, knowing them, they were going to be freaking out when they get a call from the police station.

"Would it be alright if we asked you some questions, Mrs. Shephard?" the officer asked. His light blond hair was almost luminescent against the bright white lights. But it was really those blue eyes of his that stood out the most. The man seemed both cold and aloof as well as warm and caring. She had met some people before who were like that, and normally it would set her on edge.

But her nerves were much too frayed to care anymore. She wasn't going to argue with one of the officers that had helped her out of that crazy contraption.

"Okay," she nodded again. She was gestured to come and follow him past the lobby doors and into the office areas. The lighting was different than the other room. Instead of it looking cold and hard, the room seemed warm and comforting. She always had a knack for feeling out a room, and this one was much better than the last one she was in.

It didn't take long for them to walk past the other open desks and get to a closed office. The officer opened the door for her and walked in with her. It was a decent size, for a personal office space. There were some bookshelves behind a dark looking desk. It was simple in design, with dark colors and warm lighting. She liked the feeling she got from being there. It was the closest feeling to home she had since she moved.

Home.

She missed it already.

"Go ahead and take a seat," he motioned towards the beige chairs against the wall. They looked comfortable at least. As she sat down, she noticed something on the desk that she hadn't before. The name on the nameplate said 'Detective Magnar'.

"This isn't your office?" she looked to the man. She knew that he couldn't be Detective Magnar. He was the one who had pulled her out of that infernal contraption. And that detective looked nothing like the officer that she was talking to now.

"No," he answered, taking a seat next to her and leaning back a bit in it. "Unfortunately, my desk doesn't allow for privacy. I've yet to work up to that."

"Oh," was all she said before letting the silence fall between them again. She was confused now. Was he going to be asking her questions, or someone else? She hadn't seen the detective since he brought her here. She had said yes to him getting her some coffee and just disappeared. It hadn't been too long, if her memory served her right, but it was still long enough for her to wonder if she was actually getting that coffee or not.

She should be happy though. It's not like she was brought to an all-metal room with a single table in the middle and a mirror that someone could look through to watch her. She had only seen interrogation rooms in the few movies and shows that she had watched, and that was how she intended to keep it for as long as she could.

It wasn't her fault she got put into this mess.

As if on cue, the man that she had been curious about finally walked into the office. Holding two cups of coffee, he handed her one and set the other on his desk.

He really was striking, she had to say that at least. He was bigger than the blond, with big muscles under those sleeves, and a broad chest. Even the way he walked grabbed her attention. His steps were heavy, making every single one of them known as he sat down at his desk. As soon as he did, he leaned towards her, those dark brown eyes looking at her with interest.