Skaal

What?

"What?"

"How do you know that name?" He asked, alarms going off in his head. She was the only person that managed to catch him so off-guard. Here he was, relaxed and ready to enjoy some days off, and then this snuck up on him out of the blue.

"It's fate!" Skaal sounded so excited in his head. "It has to be! She knows my name by fate!" If he had a tale, he would be wagging it out of the pure joy that he had from her knowing his name.

"Skaal, I don't think that's how she knows it," he told him.

"Don't ruin this for me!"

"It might have been mentioned when I was talking to someone," she shrugged.

"I blame you for this," he told him, immediately disappointed.

"Who?" he asked. Jim was more concerned with how she had learned the name rather than the feelings he was getting from Skaal. He would deal with the dramatic wolf when he had some time to himself.

"I don't know," she gave him a playful smile. "Who is Skaal?"

Jim held back a sigh. This woman was going to be the death of him.

"He's my wolf," he finally told her.

"Your wolf?"

"Yup," he grabbed some dirty dishes and started to wash them. "It's a bit complicated to explain."

"I can handle it," she told him, bringing him the rest of the dishes. "Was he the wolf that I saw before?"

"Yes," he answered. "Skaal is the other half of me, another voice and personality. We are one and yet we are ourselves. When I'm in my wolf form, he is in control, while I am in control of my human form."

He wasn't sure if he should go more into detail with her. They had already had a rough night as it was. After finding out as much as she did, Jim was surprised that she was still asking questions and wishing to know more. He was surprised that she hadn't run away from him and told him to never see her again. That was why he had been so cautious about this before. Bringing a human into this world was not an easy feat.

"So, you have two personalities?" she asked, raising a brow at him. "One for you and another for the wolf you turned into?"

"Basically," he said, trying to go slow with the dishes. He liked doing something while talking about uncomfortable things. It made him a little less anxious about it all.

"Can he talk?"

"Yes," he said. "Now are you going to tell me who told you of his name?"

"Trent," she answered. "He told me that you would tell me about him when you really trusted me."

"Trusted you?" he turned around to face her. She looked a bit sad as she said it, a hint of insecurity in those large brown eyes. "Indigo, this was never about trusting you. I always trusted you."

"Then why didn't you tell me about this before?" she asked. Her eyes were so dark it seemed like they were just absorbing all the information he was giving her. Like a library that was just starting to stock their shelves.

"Because I didn't want you to think I was crazy," he said. "Or to be scared of me."

"I don't think I could ever be scared of you," Indigo shook her head, an airy laugh coming out. "That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard you say."

"But you were afraid of Skaal," he told her. He remembered her look of fear when she first saw him in his wolf form. She might trust Jim, but bringing Skaal into the equation was a whole other thing.