Burning

Author's Note: !!!SEXUAL CONTENT WARNING!!! Wow. It's been a while since I've had this kind of warning lol. Thank you all for reading this lovely book. This chapter gets more than just steamy for these characters, so I thought I'd slip this warning in here. I'm not going to get into any details, but I hope you enjoy it! 

Thanks for all the votes and comments! I'll see you all soon with another chapter!

-Saturn

She felt like she was being clingy at this point, but she loved when he told her that she was the only one he wished to spend their future with. Jim was also the only man that could be in her company while doing absolutely nothing but watching television and napping. She eventually did let him feed her a little, since he was so persistent about it. For someone who came off as a person who liked their own space, Jim was a lot more cuddlier than she thought.

"Here," he opened the door to his room. "This is probably the one place you haven't seen of my house yet."

Warm colors were definitely his style when it came to decorations. All of the furniture was made of polished wood, with soft carpet on the ground. The bed was in the middle of the room with a dark blue comforter and ivory pillows.

"I thought you would have had wood floors," she teased, walking through the room a little. There was also some bookshelves and pictures scattered here and there. It was ten times better than the guest room that she had stayed in before. "Since that seems to be your favorite way to decorate."

"Then I would need to buy rugs," he told her, setting some things down in the room. "Carpet keeps my feet from getting cold when I get up and have to go to the bathroom right away."

"Isn't that what slippers are for?"

"Maybe I'm just weird and actually like carpet in my room," he teased back. "Do you really not like carpet that much?"

"Would you take it off if I didn't?" Indigo was too curious to stop herself.

"Maybe," he smiled. "But that would be after a while of trying to convince you why it's good to have it in the bedroom."

"You shouldn't let someone convince you if you really don't want to change something," she frowned. She knew it was seen as romantic for the guy to always want to change everything for his woman but it just didn't seem right.

"But if you were sleeping here every night and didn't like the carpet then it would be reasonable to discuss it," he shrugged. "What would we have instead? Half carpet and half wood?"

"Eww," she shook her head. "That would look horrible."

This was probably a weird conversation to have, this talk about flooring. She wasn't even opposed to carpet. Indigo was really just trying to see where this conversation landed. Lazing around all day had lead to some interesting topics that she had fun with.

"Well, you should be able to sleep comfortably here," he set down some spare clothes for her. She hadn't brought any with her, so it was just a pair of baggy sweatpants again and a big shirt. "The bathroom that connects to it is that way. I don't have much that you can use to wash up other than what I use, but we could go to the store down the street if need be. Or we could stop by your cousin's to pick up some of your things."

"I'll be fine," she looked at him. "Where are you going?" He looked like he was inching towards the door.

"I'm going to sleep in the guest room that you hate so much," he answered.

"You're going to sleep in the guest room to your own house," she raised a brow at him. "Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?"

"It's either that or the couch," he told her. "And the best option between the two is a bed so I don't wind up with a pinched nerve or something."