n i n e t e e n

SNAP!

The two immediately scrambled away from each other, quickly fixing themselves back into their seats. They looked in front of them, low and behold, a reporter holding a camera just took a photo of them.

Kissing.

"I will kindly ask you to please, delete that photo right now," Shoto said as he stood up, his tall figure towering over the small woman.

"I-I--I'm sorry, I really need to post this, goodbye!" She stuttered over her words, then quickly ran away. Y/n shot up from her seat to go after her, but was stopped by Shoto.

"Let her be,"

"What?! Why?! What if that picture spreads, and it ruins our image as pro heroes?!" She shouts at Shoto, the people around them staring st them, murmuring.

"It won't. I'll make sure of that," He glances at the door, eyes squinting. He grabs Y/n's hand and walks out, leaving a huge amount of money on the counter on his way out.

"Let's continue our patrols, then we'll talk." Shoto says and halts, the girl behind him bumping into his back.

"I told you, I have to go home early today. I have to take Katsuya to the doctor." Y/n said and rubbed her forehead.

"Why?"

"She hasn't gotten her quirk yet, she should've at the same time as Katsurin. There's a chance she might be quirkless, but I'm still taking her just to be sure."

"Who's taking care of the kids right now?" Shoto turned to her.

"Katsuki's with them right now, that's also a reason why I wanna go home."

"Do you not trust him with the kids?"

"I do, it's just that.. Katsurin isn't exactly fond of him. And this is the first time the kids are spending time with their father," She looked away as she was speaking. Shoto only nodded.

"Fine. But I'm taking you home. No buts."

"Shoto. You don't have to, Katsuki's gonna get the wrong idea--"

"Let him be. So what if he sees you with me? He's the one dating someone else and being all possessive of you. That's not right, Y/n."

She couldn't find the right words. But when she did...

"Shoto,  still—"

.

"HELP!!!!"

Shoto immediately jumped into action. He ran towards the direction of the scream. Y/n followed him from behind.

A woman was on the floor, being held by some people, preventing her from going after her child who was held by a villain.

"Don't move or I'll shoot this kids' head!" The villain shouted, the grip on the little girl's neck tightening.

"Don't hurt her, don't hurt my daughter, please!!" The mother shouts, still unable to run after her daughter.

Shoto immediately ran in front of the villain, but was stopped when he heard a gunshot. Everyone thought the villain had shot the kid, but when they saw that the gun was pointed in the air,  they sighed in relief.

"A warning to you and you pesky heroes! Pro hero Shoto! You will pay for what you did!"

Since Shoto couldn't really move into action with the high chances of the child getting hurt, he instead signaled the citizens to back away. He glances behind him and saw that no Y/n can be found. He looked back at the villain and saw her covered in her own flames. She jumped in the air, her flames forming into a wings-like appearance. Just below her was the villain and the child. She grabs the weapon and lands in front of them, her fire wings in control,  she separates the villain from the child. She grabs the kid and attempts to fly off of the scene.

BANG!